Team Group Dark Pro "8 Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black

Soldato
@Gibbo @8 Pack

why to buy their kits soon as ^^^

https://wccftech.com/samsung-b-die-memory-production-ceased-replaced-by-samsung-a-die/

pricing has dropped nicely , and will continue to drop, but soon as B-Die stops production... prices will creep up with demand im guessing

also explains why aorus moved away from Samsung and only a limited run

So you think A die will be worse than B die and go up in price or that B die will go up in price after they stop production? I can only imagine A die will be cheaper and better...

Soldato
So you think A die will be worse than B die and go up in price or that B die will go up in price after they stop production? I can only imagine A die will be cheaper and better...

time will tell, but have a feeling B-die would be better and seems its cost Samsung more to produce ( unfortunately only know Samsung UK personally and not their South Korean departments , wouldn't even attempt to ask as sure staff here could get a quicker response or hands on)

soon as aorus kit stopped circulation prices shot up b £50 around the board . dont think 8 Packs will sell out soon- but its a heads up . think Gibbo's mentioned ram kits are bought in huge numbers so wouldn't surprise me if channel numbers start to run dry a bit, faster then resellers

Soldato
Soldato
Indeed, i'd only expect memory compatibility to get better. So anything that's fine on X470 really should be the same or better on X570!

stated not much has happened with zen2 IMC , hoping a key change will be 8 cored ccx . 8 core ryzens no longer needing two dies talking to each other

One can only hope this will translate from zen 8 core to zen2 8 core , plus higher speeds

https://youtu.be/Rhj6CvBnwNk

Soldato
stated not much has happened with zen2 IMC , hoping a key change will be 8 cored ccx . 8 core ryzens no longer needing two dies talking to each other

One can only hope this will translate from zen 8 core to zen2 8 core , plus higher speeds

https://youtu.be/Rhj6CvBnwNk

So you think that the 12 core could have more latency than the 8 core? Could be that the 8 core may prove to be the better choice for a lot of users.

Soldato
So you think that the 12 core could have more latency than the 8 core? Could be that the 8 core may prove to be the better choice for a lot of users.

By design , yeah, as bad as current Zen 1 1-4 die CPUs - No.

Think 8 core will be the gamers choice! But if 12 or 16 core can clock faster with dual or all cores the .guessing they'll be purchased.
Still not to fussed on Intel's 10 core chip... Rather them rush 10nm out on 6 cores and clock the thing past 5.5ghz haha

Soldato
By design , yeah, as bad as current Zen 1 1-4 die CPUs - No.

Think 8 core will be the gamers choice! But if 12 or 16 core can clock faster with dual or all cores the .guessing they'll be purchased.
Still not to fussed on Intel's 10 core chip... Rather them rush 10nm out on 6 cores and clock the thing past 5.5ghz haha

Good point, relatively slower but ultimately faster.

Soldato
Latency to memory shouldn't really change, because both computing chiplets access memory through same I/O die.
But there's bigger latency in communication between cores, which are on different chiplets than between cores of same chiplet.

Of course question is if AMD has enough/is going to use fully functional chiplets for 8 core models, instead of two four core chiplets.
Though use of single 8 core chiplet wouldn't be without its challenges:
It would definitely be harder to find chiplets with 8 high clocking cores, than chiplets with six high clocking cores.
Along with all heat output coming from single small chiplet instead of two.
So 6+6 configuration 12 core CPU could well clock higher than single chiplet 8 core CPU.

Soldato
@EsaT PCIe4 will help. Was mentioned about their servers PCIe4 speed places a huge part , believe this is between I/O and Dies

Hoping to be a good launch, still trying to get it 100% it's the 5th July , but might be boards

Soldato
@EsaT PCIe4 will help. Was mentioned about their servers PCIe4 speed places a huge part , believe this is between I/O and Dies
PCI-express is for external communication.
Everything inside CPU should be using InfinityFabric.
AMD wouldn't be advertising improved InfinityFabric if they had replaced it.

Soldato
PCI-express is for external communication.
Everything inside CPU should be using InfinityFabric.
AMD wouldn't be advertising improved InfinityFabric if they had replaced it.

i'll have to find the article , but PCIe 4.0 bus speed effects communication , believe its between I/O chiplet and CPU chiplet

***found were i was going wrong, Server side, used to communicate between two chips.

https://www.tomshardware.co.uk/amd-epyc-pcie-lanes-zen-2,news-60323.html

current form is pcie 3.0 and slower, 4.0 is either set to increase the speed with more lanes and faster lanes or cut the lanes between each chip by a 3rd whilst still maintaining same performance but offer more pcie devices

cuting to pcie 2.0 is also how your able to achieve high ram speeds for benching with current ryzens - but bit useless for normal use

Associate
Anyone have any tips on running these on Gigabyte z390 boards? I picked up a set but running on XMP is unstable. BIOS is up to date on a Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI.

Back
Top Bottom