Rift s whos getting one?

Soldato
It's debatable, opinion varies on that from person to person.

I found i had to tighten it to a level that pressured my head to a point where it hurt to keep the sweet spot in focus with a halo band.

Other people say it's the most comfortable option.

Soldato
I found i had to tighten it to a level that pressured my head to a point where it hurt to keep the sweet spot in focus with a halo band.
Was that with the Rift S or the PSVR/WMR design? The Rift S has an additional top strap which is reported to reduce the amount of tightening needed on the halo.

Soldato
WMR. I could see that additional strap helping.

Interestingly enough it was a HP, they've now changed over to a more conventional harness that resembles the og rift.

Soldato
Looking good boys,
@7:11 https://youtu.be/6NlDaam6izM
OC-s2.jpg

Full RGB and good optics (oculus patent here https://pdfpiw.uspto.gov/.piw?PageN....%26p=2%26OS=AANM/Facebook%26RS=AANM/Facebook) for the win

Last edited:
Associate
ordered myself one last night, after selling the vive last year but still keeping the psvr i miss the amount of games on the pc and the pricing of them compared to the psn store stupid prices... considered another vive or waiting for the valve headset but for £1000 less i can get the rift s? easier to set up when my kids want to play and no more mounting sensors to the wall so my eldest can play it on her gaming laptop in her room if she wants. big step up from the psvr according to reviews ive watched and the tracking works great for being inside out. only annoying thing is it arrives on my wifes birthday and we booked the day off work to spend with each other so i cant play it without sleeping on the sofa for a month:(

Associate
I’m surprised they reduced the refresh rate to 80hz, so not interested.

The valve headset though, sounds awesome... higher resolution and refresh rate!
Also less ppd than rift s even tho higher res , all depends on what you play tho, oculus asw is miles ahead of competition , plus in dcs world I’d never hit 120fps in vr

Soldato
Also less ppd than rift s even tho higher res , all depends on what you play tho, oculus asw is miles ahead of competition , plus in dcs world I’d never hit 120fps in vr
If you can hit 60 that could use motion smoothing to get to 120.

'miles ahead', if by that you mean ASW2 it has the major drawback of having to be implemented by the developer and not something that can easily be toggled by the end user.

Soldato
If you can hit 60 that could use motion smoothing to get to 120.

'miles ahead', if by that you mean ASW2 it has the major drawback of having to be implemented by the developer and not something that can easily be toggled by the end user.

I think in general Oculus are just a step ahead of Valve when it comes to software.

I think I might end up ordering one just to compare it to the OG Rift. I've listed my OG Rift for sale but I'm already having second thoughts. When I put that on, it feels like a perfect device. Everything just works.

But I really like shiny new toys..!

Last edited:
Soldato
I ordered a Rift S. The increase in clarity is really enticing. I'll get it in and compare it to the CV1 on Tuesday or Wednesday and take it from there.

I bought a CV1 from the rainforest who after a little chat with customer service, offered to refund me it despite the fact I bought it last October due to a few issues I've had so the balls in my court.

Back
Top Bottom