Laptop in your backpack... + VR

Soldato
Hey, just wondering, with the Oculus Rift S.

What stops you from plugging it into your laptop, putting the backpack into a decently ventilated backpack, and then just playing roomscale that way? Is it just totally unviable due to the moving parts in the laptop..?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I did think that some manufacturers have already come up with the combined backpack/laptop combo.
After all, if you're playing a 1st person shooter, partially simulates you carrying around your ammo and other military gear.

Soldato
OP
I did think that some manufacturers have already come up with the combined backpack/laptop combo.
After all, if you're playing a 1st person shooter, partially simulates you carrying around your ammo and other military gear.

I think they’ve only done a mini desktop in a bag. Which seems impractical to me in case you need to change settings via the screen. Not a laptop.

Surely we can come up or find a well ventilated backpack with a separate compartment to house an external power supply.

Soldato
I think they’ve only done a mini desktop in a bag. Which seems impractical to me in case you need to change settings via the screen. Not a laptop.

/QUOTE]

Surely you could change the settings in the virtual desktop once everthing's
been set up?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
yeah ive given up on this idea.

and if the tp-cast air for quest gets released, this likely becomes even more useless. The quest satisfies my portable VR needs.

Associate
yeah ive given up on this idea.

and if the tp-cast air for quest gets released, this likely becomes even more useless. The quest satisfies my portable VR needs.
My friend has just bought some cheap ‘mesh’ backpack and has done this with his new Rift S, the backpack has side pouches and he said he’s put power banks in them and made holes for the cables to get to the laptop. I haven’t seen it personally my self but he does say it works excellently, though he wishes he bought a smaller backpack as feels the laptop moving around too much.

Me, I’m waiting for ALVR to be updated more, then I think my next PCVR headset will be the standalone Quest..

Back
Top Bottom