Driving with the wrong plates penalty?

Associate
Wonder if an OCUK thread has ever been used in a court of law....

I'm guessing as the buyer doesn't have a driving license yet they're new to driving and didn't check the V5 in detail.

Soldato
Ip address is recorded against your posts and the logs can be requested by the courts. That's enough if there's other evidence as well.
If you only posted at work and on a phone, not sure how they would link up. I'm not being difficult I'm just interested to know (and no it's not because I've done something wrong:p).

Soldato
Even though there's nothing linking your online thread to you personally? (or can be made that way).

I can't recall if he mentioned how they found it, perhaps there was an owners club sticker on the car which the prosecutor found, then started checking the forums for similarly described events within the timeframe of the incident?

Soldato
If you only posted at work and on a phone, not sure how they would link up. I'm not being difficult I'm just interested to know (and no it's not because I've done something wrong:p).

Or use a VPN which keeps no logs. There is no way to link one end to the other without control of the proxy. Though never assume anything online is safe :)

Soldato
OP
I'm not in Jail lol, completely forgot about this thread until I spotted a comment in a newer thread.

And it's not my issue, I promise, I wouldn't buy a private plate, can't see the point :)

The outcome was quite boring, no speeding fine turned up and she managed to sort out the plate with the new owner who was a learner & had the car sat unused & uninsured so ended up with it back.

Thread solved :D

Soldato
I'm not in Jail lol, completely forgot about this thread until I spotted a comment in a newer thread.

And it's not my issue, I promise, I wouldn't buy a private plate, can't see the point :)

The outcome was quite boring, no speeding fine turned up and she managed to sort out the plate with the new owner who was a learner & had the car sat unused & uninsured so ended up with it back.

Thread solved :D

Haha, thanks for the update, but you could have made it more exciting. I was expecting a remake of prisoner cell block h!

Back
Top Bottom