What do you think this is.

Soldato
This isn't meant harshly, but I'm quite shocked you live in Flanders but don't know a pill box when you see one.

I'd highly recommend visiting some cemeteries, conservation sites and museums in the area and Ypres etc, which I presume you haven't much!
This!

Man of Honour
According to my WW1 buff son, a German resident for almost 30 years, it’s a pillbox, and could be in Essex, Kent, or Sussex, as well as anywhere in Belgium or France, and could be from WW1 or WW2.
So I guess that the overwhelming consensus is right, it’s a pillbox.

Caporegime
According to my WW1 buff son, a German resident for almost 30 years, it’s a pillbox, and could be in Essex, Kent, or Sussex, as well as anywhere in Belgium or France, and could be from WW1 or WW2.
So I guess that the overwhelming consensus is right, it’s a pillbox.
Thank goodness your buff son was here to confirm that.

Soldato
OP
This isn't meant harshly, but I'm quite shocked you live in Flanders but don't know a pill box when you see one.

I'd highly recommend visiting some cemeteries, conservation sites and museums in the area and Ypres etc, which I presume you haven't much!

Never really been interested in WWII much apart from gaming about 20 years ago and some BoB stuff.

I'll get round to it eventually...

Associate
ygpky.jpg

I often paddle past this interesting one on my local canal (photo from last summer)
Read something about it being the only pilbox on a lock in the uk?

Soldato
I walk past one every day and would love to have a proper look inside but I have no idea if that’s possible or not. It’s probably ‘unsafe’.
i've been in a few, they're just a concrete hole. these days they're largely filled with rubbish that people have dumped. You aren't missing anything.

B@

Back
Top Bottom