Keep games or get rid?

Soldato
i tend to keep my games there has been a few times i have gave some away or something got stolen but i never do any trade in's etc, i still have my original gameboy carts right next to me and about 60 odd saturn games in the attic etc

sometimes i come across the odd atari 2600 game lol

Soldato
Nintendo 1st Party titles are always bought physical and kept, that's pretty much it.

I do buy physical games that I intend to play through once and sell, i.e. pick it up at TESCO for like £45 and sell on eBay shortly after completing. Ideal when a £1 selling fee deal pops up, which are regular these days.

If it's an indie title then that's bought digitally for me, most of the time, as they tend to be cheaper than their physical counterparts, and come out first on digital, such as Hollow Knight (poured 50 hours into that on the Switch, my mate - a hardcore collector - wanted the physical copy, I simply couldn't wait). Also, it's easier to fire up the digital games, if I've got to get off my backside and move, I tend to not bother!

If it's a game on the PS4 that I'll play and replay again and again, I'll buy it digitally - probably by way of cheaper PSN codes off of CDKeys.

What do you do when you buy a turd that was rated highly such as Octopath traveller though?

That game has been on my list since release. Not anymore... :)

Is it really that bad? I was hoping for some sort of SNES RPG feeling? One thing that put me off was the idea of the stories not coming together. I'm a big RPG story fan... honestly that's what put me off to begin with.

Man of Honour

Is it really that bad? I was hoping for some sort of SNES RPG feeling? One thing that put me off was the idea of the stories not coming together. I'm a big RPG story fan... honestly that's what put me off to begin with.

It never develops into anything. The story and combat are both very shallow and the last 30 minutes are the same as the first 30 minutes.

It's a beautiful looking game though.

Soldato
I sell games that I don't see myself replaying, which is most single player games. Multiplayer games I keep until the next version is released and then I sell them.

Associate
Recently I've started keeping physical games as I find that I often look back after a period of time wishing I still had it to play. Predominately 1st party titles for the respective consoles... anything else I typically get digital.

Soldato
Nintendo 1st Party titles are always bought physical and kept, that's pretty much it.

I do buy physical games that I intend to play through once and sell, i.e. pick it up at TESCO for like £45 and sell on eBay shortly after completing. Ideal when a £1 selling fee deal pops up, which are regular these days.

If it's an indie title then that's bought digitally for me, most of the time, as they tend to be cheaper than their physical counterparts, and come out first on digital, such as Hollow Knight (poured 50 hours into that on the Switch, my mate - a hardcore collector - wanted the physical copy, I simply couldn't wait). Also, it's easier to fire up the digital games, if I've got to get off my backside and move, I tend to not bother!

If it's a game on the PS4 that I'll play and replay again and again, I'll buy it digitally - probably by way of cheaper PSN codes off of CDKeys.

I played through all the stories on octopath and some were pretty dark and interesting, it was a shame they never quite linked up, i only have optional bosses to do etc but i heard if you do a certain one it links the stories a bit for the true end boss (my memory is a bit vague on that)

the graphics music and art style are awesome as is the battle system, i actually really like it, it is on the estore so not going any where just grab it on a discount.

i grabbed it for 30 quid at christmas time and i would have paid full if i knew how much i would enjoy it.

i started with cyrus as my main :)

Soldato
I've always kept them. The hassle of shipping or going into town to trade them in is more than the few quid i'd get trading them in. There's also having to rebuy them later on if you want to play them again. I'm pretty selective of what I buy though.

Soldato
I've always kept them. The hassle of shipping or going into town to trade them in is more than the few quid i'd get trading them in. There's also having to rebuy them later on if you want to play them again. I'm pretty selective of what I buy though.

yep same here plus if you keep them you never know what one's will end up been worth money like panzer dragoon saga etc :)

Soldato
I always keep console games. Eventually I always go back to older games, consoles are a bit hit and miss when it comes to allowing last gen games to work on current gen. I also keep all my old consoles and old computers pre PC. Prices tend to hike once they hit the retro stage.

Found out today some of the SNK fighting games I have on the PS2 are selling for over £50. Same for Castlevania's on the DS, I am a fan of all over them but I guess these games prices will keep on rising :)

I will get round to playing Skies of Arcadia on the Gamecube one day which I paid £10 for years ago.

Back
Top Bottom