Sniper Elite 2 REMASTERED (Rebellion)

Associate
OP
Whilst I'm all up for remastered, they really are becoming a main stream thing aren't they? Kind of sad :(

I guess, but it's not always a bad thing to go back and modernise a older game.
Many like me would have only played Sniper Elite 4 in the series to date.
So a remastered version of SE2 would actually be a totally new experience, but with the improved GFX engine of SE4.

Another good recent example is Resident Evil 2, that is a decent remaster as well.

Soldato
SE V2 is one of my favourite games. I'm looking forward to the remaster. Shooting Hitler in the ball(s) never gets that old.

I've not played 4. I thought 3 was a bit meh and never went back. Zombie Army was fun.

Associate
I guess, but it's not always a bad thing to go back and modernise a older game.
Many like me would have only played Sniper Elite 4 in the series to date.
So a remastered version of SE2 would actually be a totally new experience, but with the improved GFX engine of SE4.

Another good recent example is Resident Evil 2, that is a decent remaster as well.

No, it's a fantastic REMAKE.

Caporegime
Yep,the developers of this are specifically calling it a remaster and have only updated the graphics and not really touched the gameplay.

Sniper Elite V2 Remastered is an update of a seven-year-old game. It adds new textures, lighting, and geometry alongside new stuff to the multiplayer mode. But as the title states, this is almost exclusively a visual overhaul and not a remake.

That's a remaster.

RE2 was indeed a remake.

Associate
Never played on of the Sniper Elite series until recently when I playeed number 4, does this have the same open worldy style? I played zombie trilogy on xbone and irc that was a pretty linear path.

Soldato
SE3 and SE4 were brilliant, like a straight to video game but actually good. Not touched by the masses but loved by the ones as a guilty pleasure.

Think I tried SE2 and didnt like its linear nature will give it another go with the remastered version.

They had better do a SE5 !!! Dont get my hopes up. In fact Ive been looking for something to replay might go SE2-3-4.

Update: read the reviews and it doesnt seem worth it if you already played it. So only get it if either never played it or you want the DLC's for the upgrade fee.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom