• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Whenever I use ReLive using the Radeon 7 with the latest driver I get about 5 seconds in and my whole system locks up, I get a black screen and then it takes about 20 seconds to recover, ReLive did work fine 2 drivers ago but it seems the AMD driver team still don't know how to make their card work properly, I use Action by Mirillis using the AMD codec option and it records perfectly fine.

Associate
Happy to report that 19.4.3 is the first 19 series driver that i've installed on my Vega 56 that hasn't suddenly changed my screen resolution when gaming from 1440 to what looks like 1080 and then on reboot my gigabyte splash screen has been luminous green, Gave it a work out with AC Competizione, All good so far, Fingers crossed.

Permabanned
The 19.5.1 driver with RAGE 2 supports available now peeps.

https://www.amd.com/en/support

Support For
  • RAGE®2
    • Up to 16% performance gains with AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.5.1, on an AMD Radeon™ VII.RS-295
  • Windows®10 May 2019 Update
  • Instruction Tracing for Radeon GPU Profiler 1.5.X
Fixed Issues
  • Performance metrics overlay may experience intermittent flicker when playing back protected content with this feature enabled.
  • DOOM™ may experience an application hang during launch on AMD XConnect™ Technology system configurations.
  • Radeon Software installation may fail or get stuck at 33% when installing on AMD Radeon HD 7970 system configurations.
  • Some Radeon RX 400 and Radeon RX 500 series graphics products may experience a system hang when hot plugging 8K displays.
  • AMD Radeon VII may fail to apply Radeon Settings video profiles to video playback.
  • HTC VIVE™ devices may experience connection or detection issues by the OS or SteamVR™.
  • System instability may be experienced on ASUS TUF Gaming FX505 laptop when a wireless display is connected.
  • Stuttering or frame drop may be experienced when playing back DivX interlaced content in the Windows® Movies & TV application.
  • Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may experience higher than expected memory clocks at idle or desktop with multi-display system configurations.
  • Some system configurations may not be able to set 10-Bit color in Radeon Settings when the connected display is set to 4K 60hz.
  • Enhanced Sync may fail to enable on Radeon FreeSync enabled displays in DirectX®9 API games on game first launch.
  • AMD Link may experience intermittent authentication issues. An update of the AMD Link application is also required.
  • Some games may experience texture flickering or corruption on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products when using the Vulkan™ API.
Known Issues
  • Radeon ReLive streaming and uploading of videos and other content to Facebook™ is currently unavailable.
  • ASUS TUF Gaming FX505 may experience discrete GPU connection issues with devices disappearing from device manager when the system is idle.
  • World War Z™ may experience an application hang after extended periods of play.
  • AMD Radeon VII may experience screen flicker in multi display setups on desktop or while applications are running.
  • Performance metrics overlay and Radeon WattMan gauges may experience inaccurate fluctuating readings on AMD Radeon VII.
  • HDR Video may freeze or have corruption during playback when using Movies and TV Application with some Ryzen APUs.

Permabanned
Whenever I use ReLive using the Radeon 7 with the latest driver I get about 5 seconds in and my whole system locks up, I get a black screen and then it takes about 20 seconds to recover, ReLive did work fine 2 drivers ago but it seems the AMD driver team still don't know how to make their card work properly, I use Action by Mirillis using the AMD codec option and it records perfectly fine.

All fine here & I've been doing a lot of recording recently, time for a DDU maybe?

Associate
You seen any other benefits to boot before people take the punt? :D

Nothing too different.. was on 19.4.3 before these. The overlay flickering has gone too, i had it pretty bad on the older set. Kinda stopped the benchmarking thing with 3DMark etc and only playing a couple of games these days which are DayZ and GTA V.. all feels the same perf wise. I guess more stable too as the previous driver i was on would reset the driver now and again.

Happy with these so far :)

Associate
Ok, thank you.

Have you got 10-bit colour setting in your Radeon Settings? Would you post an image?

If you open up the AMD panel, click on MONITOR - and there should be a drop down menu for bit length option. I use it to change from 10 bit to 8 bit on occasion. I believe it only lists a 10 bit option if it detects the monitor is 10bit compatible, since it hasn't always been available when I've tried different monitors, just 6 or 8 bit.

Permabanned
I'm not on a 4k monitor unfortunately, I'm using a 3440x1440 Ultrawide IPC monitor.
This is what mine shows.

Mv0RW8S.png

This is impressive! 12-bit colour coming from your Radeon VII.
Mine RX 560X plus Ryzen 5 2500U Vega 8 is stuck at 8-bit colour for the LG 24UD58, and 6-bit colour for the sad laptop's screen.

If you open up the AMD panel, click on MONITOR - and there should be a drop down menu for bit length option. I use it to change from 10 bit to 8 bit on occasion. I believe it only lists a 10 bit option if it detects the monitor is 10bit compatible, since it hasn't always been available when I've tried different monitors, just 6 or 8 bit.

The LG 24UD58 supports 10-bit colours via 8-bit+A-FRC.

Permabanned
Firstly, change the refresh rate to 60Hz instead of 59Hz and see if the 10-bit option becomes available. If that fails you can try connecting it via DP(if available) and see if it appears then.

Yes, changed it to 60Hz, no change in the Settings. The laptop has no DP. Only HDMI and single at that.
At least, they have the report ticket and it's recorded as a known issue.

I didn't believe anything over 8-bit colour would be possible with the consumer-grade Radeons.

Permabanned
This is impressive! 12-bit colour coming from your Radeon VII.
Mine RX 560X plus Ryzen 5 2500U Vega 8 is stuck at 8-bit colour for the LG 24UD58, and 6-bit colour for the sad laptop's screen.

The LG 24UD58 supports 10-bit colours via 8-bit+A-FRC.

I wonder if the cable we use connecting the monitor to gpu has any effect on the colour raange?
I recently bought one of the popular Club3d displayport cables, does that help?

Permabanned
I wonder if the cable we use connecting the monitor to gpu has any effect on the colour raange?
I recently bought one of the popular Club3d displayport cables, does that help?

So the type of cable can make a difference then?

I am using the original, supplied by LG HDMI cable.
I don't think the cable is the issue, since I cannot move in any direction - neither 6-bit, nor 10-bit, just stuck at 8-bit.

Permabanned
I am using the original, supplied by LG HDMI cable.
I don't think the cable is the issue, since I cannot move in any direction - neither 6-bit, nor 10-bit, just stuck at 8-bit.

Maybe that's simply a limitation of that particular laptop or that particular laptop gpu? Because the laptop designed around an 8 bit screen it may simply be designed to only push that specification even if you are using an external monitor with it, it's something you'd have to look into thru either the laptop maker or someone that has a good understanding of this particular field.
I'm pretty sure there's a few knocking around on these forums but I forget who.

Back
Top Bottom