* The Metal Thread *

Associate
I have actually courtesy of Aztec2Step, that's a very good song too.
He has to be one of the best singers I've heard in metal and beyond. Which album would be a good starting place for an SYL fan? Having shared the songs unlike with an old friend he is now a big fan but just looking at the size of his back catalogue is daunting!

I find it quite difficult to recommend albums by Devin. SYL is completely different compared to his solo/DTP/DTB stuff. Personally my favorite albums with him is Ocean Machine, Accelerated Evolution and Empath. But then it various a lot depending on what mood I'm in.

A couple of weeks ago I did a playlist with all his albums in chronological order and used that for a big cleaning day :D

Soldato
I'm a big fan of SYL but couldn't get in to Devin's other stuff.

Try sprite off his latest album, march of the poozers, and juular, I think you will like 2/3 at least, especially juular for me.

His solo albums are so varied that finding the heavy awesome ones takes a listen to the whole album, in sure there's others but I don't know the name.

Soldato
and I've no idea where this came from - I don't like the studio song, hate the film it came from, really don't like the band etc but I quite liked this live version despite the tone deaf male backing singer. Oh and they sucked again for the rest of the set :D

you like it because hayley williams is dressed as a japanese school girl :p
but yes, excellent clip. i do actually like the studio track and album. paramore are a guilty pleasure, well the first 3 albums
hayley williams vocals are just incredible and they wrote some cracker tunes
the magic has gone now though

Associate
New Slipknot song is quite good. To me it sounds quite similar to Sulfur. At the start it sounds kind of like Imagine Dragons which is ironic considering they called them one of the worst current bands.

Soldato
I came across a good metal cover artist called Leo Moracchioli, does some epic covers of different types of songs.

I really liked him but once you've seen a dozen or so you realise they're all "done" in the same way with the same Djent style breakdown after the 2nd chorus etc which gets a bit boring after a while which is a shame because things like "Toto Africa" was quite good.

Soldato
missing Download, was thinking Rammstein would have headlined but it didn't happen so i'm off to MK instead. hoping for a stonking new show, the new album has some tracks which could be 'ing mega live.

Back
Top Bottom