**** The Official Sony Xperia™ XZ3 Thread ****

Soldato
How is the Zx1 in general? Apart from the size thinking of getting one as I do like Sony phones.

Just done a quick search and argos are selling them for 199
Sorry, missed this reply.

It's a nice phone, but I'm less keen on it since it upgraded to Pie. The pop-up home/back/apps buttons mostly don't disappear any more, except during video, and I'm not keen on some of the UI changes. I think I'd probably turn down the update from Oreo if I had my time again.

Soldato
Is there a latest compact Xperia? My z5c is on its lasy legs and looking to get something of a similar size.

Two things I hated about this z5c however are

Speakers/volume out is truly horrendously bad/low

Flashlight sucks

But I love this size. Can't imagine using a bigger phone
I have the xz1 compact and its awesome, best phone i've ever had and I can't stand these phablets everyone has

Soldato
Got the Xperia 10 Plus here (not my personal phone) and it's pretty decent. Never handled such a long phone before, it may as well be a paddle lol. The 21:9 screen is pretty glorious. I'm rather inclined to get the Xperia 1 now having used this but cannot find any details if the 1 has wireless charging?

20190317_105027.jpg

20190317_104910.jpg
How does this stand in the sony line up, it looks awesome is it high end or lower than the xz1,2,3 ?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
XZ1,2,3 were flagship phones, the X10 is not a flagship but midrange. The performance isn't as smooth and the camera not as good.

The X1 is where the comparison should be drawn really. The X10 has the looks, but not the grunt from my experience.

Soldato
Don't think we have a thread but Sony Xperia 1 is now finally popping up for pre-orders with heavy promotions, including free PS4 or Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones. In fact can get this for £630 with a cheeky O2 refresh trick. Still have serious reservations about the battery on this with 3330mAh and 6.5" 4k screen, hopefully reviews prove me wrong.

Caporegime
Don't think we have a thread but Sony Xperia 1 is now finally popping up for pre-orders with heavy promotions, including free PS4 or Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones. In fact can get this for £630 with a cheeky O2 refresh trick. Still have serious reservations about the battery on this with 3330mAh and 6.5" 4k screen, hopefully reviews prove me wrong.

I'm after it but struggling to find it at an acceptable price.

I can get it from EE 43.20 a month 24 months with 10GB data but apparently they don't do the headphones?

Soldato
I'm after it but struggling to find it at an acceptable price.

I can get it from EE 43.20 a month 24 months with 10GB data but apparently they don't do the headphones?

Know any filthy students? 20% off airtime at O2 or 20% off whole contract directly from EE.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah O2 definitely looks better then, £42ish without any discounts for 20GB with extended roaming and the free headphones.

Soldato

The O2 refresh trick is fantastic when it comes to this deal, it really is. Problem with it is this time is the its an Xperia and will likely come with an O2 version of the firmware and won't be a true SIM Free version.

Back
Top Bottom