Can't find folder on PC with newest iPhone Backup?

Soldato
I'm trying to move SMS text messages with iSMS2Droid and I need to use my latest phone backup to do so. I've carried out a backup (both to iCloud and to my PC) but when I look in the folder that the iSMS2Droid instructions tells me to locate the latest backup the newest one isn't there, it's just 4 old backups from 2016-2018. I'm looking in :-

• Windows: \Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\ (where USERNAME is the actual username)
Yet if I open iTunes and go to Devices Preferences its showing me a backup I carried out this morning, but I've no idea where it is on my PC? Screenshot:-

iphonebackup1.jpg

Soldato
OP
Which android phone are you moving to?

Huawei P30 Pro. Amazing bit of kit. Eventually found the backup.

I ended up sideloading iSMS2Droid from APKPure and it worked perfectly for the SMS texts.

I also ended up biting the bullet and paying £4.99 for WhazzapMigrator which was fiddly to use at some stages but did the job eventually. So I'm all good to go now and enjoying using the P30 Pro. Coming from an iPhone 6, the camera on this thing is insane.

Soldato
Ah that’s great. I moved to a Samsung s10e from a ip7+, which was a doddle. Really straight forward with no issues.

Didn’t like it so moved back to a iPx. Wasn’t straightforward.

Glad you sorted it.

Soldato
OP
Ah that’s great. I moved to a Samsung s10e from a ip7+, which was a doddle. Really straight forward with no issues.

Didn’t like it so moved back to a iPx. Wasn’t straightforward.

Glad you sorted it.

Cheers dude. It was a fiddly process but its done now and I'm loving this P30 Pro and the overall move to Android from iOS.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom