Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
i dont get why people think its bad. have you ever seen episodes on this scale previously ? no. i dont get why people are even saying its rushed. she knows realistically jon wont side with her. so why take chances. it wasnt madness shes lost everything so to show her power shes flatened the city to show all im the rightful ruler. cross me you will be destroyed. to be a queen or king you need to be strong. why risk possible fans or uprising later show them how badly you will be punished. i think the episode showed this with the minimum amount of waffle or drawn out milking which so many series do. its actually refreshing and to the point.

still dont think the main characters will survive to be on the throne and we will end up seeing someone highly unexpected on it.

Soldato
i dont get why people think its bad. have you ever seen episodes on this scale previously ? no. i dont get why people are even saying its rushed. she knows realistically jon wont side with her. so why take chances. it wasnt madness shes lost everything so to show her power shes flatened the city to show all im the rightful ruler. cross me you will be destroyed. to be a queen or king you need to be strong. why risk possible fans or uprising later show them how badly you will be punished. i think the episode showed this with the minimum amount of waffle or drawn out milking which so many series do. its actually refreshing and to the point.

still dont think the main characters will survive to be on the throne and we will end up seeing someone highly unexpected on it.
That's the problem. They said many times they don't want to give the fans what they want as it's bad writing. Really? The best thing in this season has been pure fandom..

If Jon doesn't end up in the throne he's basically been a side note after taking the Night King away from him.

Associate
did we? I saw them charge then the lights/fire went out, I didn't hear any fighting.
This depends on what you watched it on. If your like me you saw Ser J and the dothraki charge. You saw some lights flicker out, there were some yells and then Ser J came back.
If you watch one of the many clips online where its be processed so you can see whats going on. Many of the Dothraki came back with Ser J. They just didnt get involved in any of the rest of the fighting at Winterfell apparently as we never saw them again.

Caporegime
This depends on what you watched it on. If your like me you saw Ser J and the dothraki charge. You saw some lights flicker out, there were some yells and then Ser J came back.
If you watch one of the many clips online where its be processed so you can see whats going on. Many of the Dothraki came back with Ser J. They just didnt get involved in any of the rest of the fighting at Winterfell apparently as we never saw them again.

Yeah, I saw quite a few ride back with Jorah, and then in the next episode they said half were wiped out.

Soldato
I might have booked a gas safety check for Mon afternoon which I'll have to be working at home for. No way I'm risking doing a whole days work with the internet in front of me. :o

Soldato

So essentially you got all excited over cgi that made you forget everything this show has been about for the past 6 seasons and the reason it drew such a big audience.
But now because of 'epic scale' it gets a free pass.

The ending wont be unexpected, it will be a farce. The fact that the spoilers have been out for weeks and everyone whos read them thinks its a joke says it all.

Thank god we still have BCS for a few more seasons for storytelling that actually makes sense, thats a show that doesn't need scale to wow anyone btw.

Soldato
https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/c...w_remaining_dothraki_pulling_up_next_episode/

:D

Yes, the writers literally said they were all wiped out in their 'Inside the episode' bit.
they might have said that, but we didn't see it. to me there was not even a hint of a fight, the fire went out like they'd ridden into a tunnel. there was no major fight sounds (that I heard, TV volumes etc etc may be pertinent) and no action in the ambient light of all that fire. nothing shouted out to me that there was a major fight going on, I appreciate they'd gone for a dramatic looking image of the wave of fire in the dark, but when the above happened I was just "WTF is supposed to have happened?" and any interest I had in the episode left me. look what happened the last time we saw a Dothraki charge - it was nothing even remotely similar. if they'd had a massive swarm of dead piling in from the dark into the ambient light and their numbers crushing the fire into blackness it would have been, arguably, a lot more effective and realistic than that rubbish of everything just going black in a neat line.

Caporegime
Not seen any spoilers and wont see any before the end, if you actively want to spoil a show you have followed for years you are an idiot. :)
I have to agree with these sentiments, I don't understand why people actively seek spoilers fur future episodes and I have happily managed to avoid them thus far.

Soldato
Re: the reappearance of the Dothraki, had they not made that comment about the "end of the Dothraki", I'd have happily assumed they still had some in reserve somewhere - she was supposed to have 50K, and there's no way that many charged at the battle of Winterfell.

Regarding the petition, there'll be a few sad sacks who genuinely want the episodes remade. They should get a grip. I'd like to think the majority however are signing simply as a way of showing their displeasure at how things have gone. There's zero chance it will bring about remakes, but it might linger in the mind of HBO for future side projects.

Back
Top Bottom