Summer Transfer Thread 2019

Caporegime
From a Leicester point of view, hoping we manage to sign Tielemans permanently although wouldn't be surprised if any of the top 6 (apart from Man City) tried to sign him. Other than that, hoping we hold on to all our players and add a new CB and striker.
Monaco apparently like Silva (I think that’s who they took in the loan deal?) and would like to keep him so I’m sure a deal could be worked out. Unless, as you said, another team with bigger pockets comes in for him.

Man of Honour
I'm not sure where Spurs go next.

What should our aims be - challenge for the league? Focus on CL? Win a domestic trophy?

We don't have the money to compete at the top level. To improve our first team would take a massive capital injection and money being spent on wages to retain Eriksen and Tobey. Squad improvement is a little easier to fund but harder to find candidates - we need to recruit homegrown players because our squad doesn't have the capacity for anymore "foreigners" under CL rules.

If Poch could only win the CL, I could retire from supporting football!

Despite the stadium we do have the money but failure of investment in the last 2 windows means they have some catching up to do, so effectively it could be a rebuild. Many be that's be on Levy's mind. Maybe he knows Poch is going and any incming manager will have his own money to invest. I'm only speculating but this is the only logical explanation I can come up with.

Players I see leaving:

Jensen
Trippier
Erikson
Lamella
Toby
and even Dier.

The club can't expect to keep keeping it's fingers crossed and hope others slip up. The last 8 weeks have been a joke. If we continue next terms where we left off, we are in serious trouble.

IMO - Poch is going.

Associate
Monaco apparently like Silva (I think that’s who they took in the loan deal?) and would like to keep him so I’m sure a deal could be worked out. Unless, as you said, another team with bigger pockets comes in for him.

Yea, I heard the same about Silva at Monaco so fingers crossed!

Caporegime
OP
Despite the stadium we do have the money but failure of investment in the last 2 windows means they have some catching up to do, so effectively it could be a rebuild. Many be that's be on Levy's mind. Maybe he knows Poch is going and any incming manager will have his own money to invest. I'm only speculating but this is the only logical explanation I can come up with.

Players I see leaving:

Jensen
Trippier
Erikson
Lamella
Toby
and even Dier.

The club can't expect to keep keeping it's fingers crossed and hope others slip up. The last 8 weeks have been a joke. If we continue next terms where we left off, we are in serious trouble.

IMO - Poch is going.
What a fall from grace for Trippier since last July. Poor bloke will probably end up back at Burnley or something!

Soldato
So he will choose any other team over Utd by the looks of it, if he does decide to leave.
To be fair Im not sure spending that much on one attacker would be the right way to go right now - If we have to spend that amount on the right centre half then so be it :)

Back
Top Bottom