Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
Could you let me know if HDR is now proper HDR and works correctly e.g. does it now have proper blacks and bright specular highlights? Maybe one day I’ll rebuy it if that’s the case.
I won't be playing till later tonight so I can't really check. I only popped online to quickly make a char and get my free gold bars before logging off.

Folks on Reddit are talking about it though and it seems as though it's just a half ballsed version like I said.
https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/bojo0i/new_hdr_calibration_options/

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadred...ith_the_new_rdr_update_rockstar_have_finally/

Associate
Thanks for that. A quick read makes me glad I sold it months ago. Sounds like a joke: CB on pro still looking like Vaseline smeared across the image and fake hdr which just raises black levels. It’s the biggest dissapointment for the gen for me as with hdr it could have looked stunning. Days Gone, HZD, and Assassins Creed are great example of how HDR brings a whole new dimension to open world Gfx. Shame.

Soldato
Yeah, I'm not too fussed about HDR and Rockstar has lazy as they are with things like this were never going to implement proper HDR...ever. It is a shame but they've always had weaknesses for things like this along with online stuffs.

Soldato
Started my 3rd playthrough :o This will be my 'free roam eternal chapter 2' game, whilst I drop in and out of my post-completion savegame. I can't get away from the game, it is just so relaxing and immersive.

Tempted to try a 2nd play through or should I say just to do the side quests and challenges, the main quests got a bit boring at times, would you say chapter 2 is best for this then?

Soldato
Tempted to try a 2nd play through or should I say just to do the side quests and challenges, the main quests got a bit boring at times, would you say chapter 2 is best for this then?
Both 2 and 3 are fine for eternal free roam and exploration.

Realise that if you limit yourself to Chapter 2 like yours truly and focus on sidequests+challenges then at some point you will hit a wall, because certain things can be done or accessed beyond Chapter 2. I.E realise that in Chapter 2 a lot of the good weapons (shotguns) are locked until you hit Chapter 3 unless you seek out the 'rare' guns yourself like the Hermit far north of Annesburg who has a rare shotgun in his possession. At some point I will move to Chapter 3 and remain there whilst avoiding the last few main missions.

Soldato
Both 2 and 3 are fine for eternal free roam and exploration.

Realise that if you limit yourself to Chapter 2 like yours truly and focus on sidequests+challenges then at some point you will hit a wall, because certain things can be done or accessed beyond Chapter 2. I.E realise that in Chapter 2 a lot of the good weapons (shotguns) are locked until you hit Chapter 3 unless you seek out the 'rare' guns yourself like the Hermit far north of Annesburg who has a rare shotgun in his possession. At some point I will move to Chapter 3 and remain there whilst avoiding the last few main missions.

Thank's, got a bit of a backlog of games but will give this another go at some point.

Soldato
I just got this for Xbox, made it through maybe an hour of it so far. So clunky on console. :( Assuming it gets better!
I felt the same way on release. It was so bad I just left it after about 2 or 3 hours in. I picked it up again at the start of April and finished it, though. The clunkiness doesn't get any better, but you get more used to it and can account for it. Quite how the controls got through QA as they are, I'll never know.

Soldato
I almost dumped the game due to the clunkyness when I first got it in December. Starting off in Chapter 1 was dreadful but the game fully opens up in Chapter 2 and onwards and you start to realise that Rockstar did it all for a reason - the immersion factor. You wouldn't love Arthur has much if you didn't feel the 'weight' behind his punches when he gets into a brawl, or when you tackle someone to the ground for instance. RDR1 is straight up old school GTA that we all know and are use to obviously.

Soldato
You wouldn't love Arthur has much if you didn't feel the 'weight' behind his punches when he gets into a brawl

I'm of the camp that puts fun gameplay and story above immersion. My most beloved character in any video game is Cloud from Final Fantasy VII and controlling him wasn't realistic or immersive at all.

RDR1 is straight up old school GTA that we all know and are use to obviously.

I would've genuinely preferred this. My gaming time is my time to get away from the laws of the real world, hence my love for Rocket League! I get the appeal in some respects, but it's genuinely something that's put me off RDR2.

Soldato
My gaming time is my time to get away from the laws of the real world, hence my love for Rocket League! I get the appeal in some respects, but it's genuinely something that's put me off RDR2.
lol that's interesting because that's how my gaming time is but I appreciate the realism/slow factor of the game for some reason. I mainly play to immerse myself in the world and thusly wind down (also to get away from the missus). Before this it was AC: Odyssey but it felt too arcadey, and before that it was Subnautica, which probably is my ultimate wind down/exploration game. Used to play Rocket League back during its release but it used to make me rage too much!

Back
Top Bottom