**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Dunno if it helps anyone - not sure if it's already been posted - but the S10 855 that I bought in Hong Kong lets me use VoLTE and Wifi calling on EE. So that's good. Nice that it doesn't seem to require specific firmware.

Soldato
Only if you dont use the carrier firmware - I've never needed an app on my S8.

True, I think a few phones are supported if they have carrier firmware. But the fact that I can use both my OP6 (bought from o2) and my imported S10 on EE and get wifi calling without carrier firmware or anything special is how it should be IMO.

Associate
Thinking about picking up the S10e soon to replace my aging HTC10. Initially looked at the Xiaomi Mi 9 which has nice specs + decent price but seems to be missing that bit of UI polish (also questions over it's long term support/updates).

I glossed over the S10e when looking at the S10 but it took my interest after digging up some reviews and comparisons. I see from earlier posts in this thread that a few others picked this up from HK or HK electrical sites for a steal. I can currently get the S10e 128gb Snapdragon 855 for £485 from eglobal after discount.

Firstly, is this a good price - has it been cheaper or due a price drop?
Secondly, I assume I have decent protection if I pay by paypal or credit card?

Soldato
Thinking about picking up the S10e soon to replace my aging HTC10. Initially looked at the Xiaomi Mi 9 which has nice specs + decent price but seems to be missing that bit of UI polish (also questions over it's long term support/updates).

I glossed over the S10e when looking at the S10 but it took my interest after digging up some reviews and comparisons. I see from earlier posts in this thread that a few others picked this up from HK or HK electrical sites for a steal. I can currently get the S10e 128gb Snapdragon 855 for £485 from eglobal after discount.

Yeah it's a good price, I know the S10 is £550 approx on there with the snapdragon variant so depends if you want the flat or curved edges really :)

Credit Card you'll be protected for sure, that's how I would buy anything expensive over the net. To be fair I've not seen any horror stories with the site recently, just need to wait around 8-9 days to receive it that's all.

Having had experience of the S10 with the Exynos chipset I would definitely try and get the snapdragon given the benefits from a battery life perspective.

Man of Honour
That's about what I paid for mine from HK. eGlobal are fine, I bought from there and paid using PayPal. You'll get the phone in a working week really.

Once you start using the S10e, you will really appreciate the fresh change in size vs screen ratio on the phone like this. I don't miss the big S8+ and Notes I've had in he past at all.

Soldato

have a play with both in store before buying. S10E felt too small for me and the price gap wasn't big enough to not go for the S10.

Soldato
Bixby routines are cool. I haven't seen another manufacturer with a similar tool built in to the OS.

No need to use the limited DND feature in the OS when you can build one with Routines exactly how you want it for different days of the week.

Associate
Thanks all for the responses, very helpful and definitely the nudge I needed to set my sights on some form of S10. I went in-store today to compare S10 + S10e but unfortunately they were locked down so I couldn't pick up and get a hands on feel. The screen sizes didn't worry me as much as I thought they might, I appreciate both but I am less keen on the curved glass of the S10.

The price difference is £62 from eglobal for both Snapdragon variants. I almost feel obliged to get the S10 with the price difference being pretty insignificant but I am not that bothered over the differences in features. I actually prefer the S10e's side fingerprint scanner and it's reliably sharp response. Both screens look great and I could take or leave the additional telephoto lens.

I'm getting a proper hands on with an S10 tomorrow so will make a decision and order after that.

Soldato
I have more often than not preferred larger display phones but after the OP6T I decided I finally wanted something that would fit in the pocket easier and make for better one handed use. I considered the Pixel 3 but the specs weren't there for me. Then the S10e came along with all its flagship features in a smaller package - bear in mind only a couple of years ago the S10e would have been considered a large device (screen wise), 5.8" is still pretty big!
I don't like the curved display which is one of the things that moved me away from Samsung after the S6. For me the trade off in 0.2/0.3 inches between the 10 and 10e is well worth it for the flat display on the latter. If anything my decision would be between the 10e and 10+ as at least with the 10+ the curve screen is offset by the fact it's so damn big and gorgeous. Who knows, by the time I get the urge to have another pocket busting device I could well be looking at a Note 10 or S11+:D but for now the 10e is a brilliant device.

Man of Honour
I have more often than not preferred larger display phones but after the OP6T I decided I finally wanted something that would fit in the pocket easier and make for better one handed use. I considered the Pixel 3 but the specs weren't there for me. Then the S10e came along with all its flagship features in a smaller package - bear in mind only a couple of years ago the S10e would have been considered a large device (screen wise), 5.8" is still pretty big!
I don't like the curved display which is one of the things that moved me away from Samsung after the S6. For me the trade off in 0.2/0.3 inches between the 10 and 10e is well worth it for the flat display on the latter. If anything my decision would be between the 10e and 10+ as at least with the 10+ the curve screen is offset by the fact it's so damn big and gorgeous. Who knows, by the time I get the urge to have another pocket busting device I could well be looking at a Note 10 or S11+:D but for now the 10e is a brilliant device.

Also, for me it's a necessity now, because my car's wireless charging bay is the exact size for only an S10e :p

rps20190522_110125_915.jpg

Back
Top Bottom