• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Permabanned
3DMark has very little load on the CPU, its all GPU during the Graphics tests, so i would like to know what he's done to that Titan for it to be pulling about 550 Watts, unless its a physics test, then its CPU, but only CPU, so if thats the case i would like to know what he did to that 100 Watt Ryzen for it to be pulling 550 Watts.
Mistyped Realbench that was.

Cpu stablity test memory test ect
212 wats off cpu just here. Thats My old overclock. Got tad better score now peak I'w seen was 231W. So Tell me how 2xmore cores wont pull 300+ Watts overclocked
3533.png

Remember Buildzoids channel is calles Actually Hardcore Overclocking. What I post is always my 24/7 setting since my pc is crypto mining when im at work or sleeping. System ia on 100% load around 300 days a year so need max stable aetting. Plus failing rendering project 14 hours in is shiet lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
I imagine we'll be ordering the same board - so look forward to comparing notes (if you're compos mentis with new arrival). But, if i'm out of the country i may have to wait for second wave, higher prices :/, but i'll at least be able to piggyback your early conclusions. Are you going under water with yours - and 8c or 12c (can't remember)?

Which ever is fastest ... would have done 12 core if was going to do intel end of the year , but 8 core should be fine and hopefully less intercore slow down

As to the talk about dual 8 pins.. with correct PSU (multi rail design) , load is split evenly across each pin and to VRMs . Why I suggest if you've got an Extra 4/8 pin on your mobo, use them. Not about how much power your giving it but how :)
If anyone has a thermal gun, nice little thing to check :)

Caporegime
Mistyped Realbench that was.

Cpu stablity test memory test ect
212 wats off cpu just here. Thats My old overclock. Got tad better score now peak I'w seen was 231W. So Tell me how 2xmore cores wont pull 300+ Watts overclocked
3533.png

Remember Buildzoids channel is calles Actually Hardcore Overclocking. What I post is always my 24/7 setting since my pc is crypto mining when im at work or sleeping. System ia on 100% load around 300 days a year so need max stable aetting. Plus failing rendering project 14 hours in is shiet lol.

25% more cores would not = 30%+ more power, probably only about +15% given that cores are only one part of a CPU, and 4.25Ghz is a good overclock. and you're measuring system power. so yeah i'm telling you another two cores would not pull 300 watts +, no where near.

Its no where near what Buildzoid is claiming.

Buildzoid is taking about a stock 7nm 16 core Ryzen, a stock 12nm Ryzen 8 only pulls around 100 to 120 Watts, so in his mind the 7nm 16 core would pull 4 times as much power and the 12nm 8 core.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Jesus christ, it was only back in Jan people were getting hyped up for a potential Ryzen 3000 release and now its midway in May and we are still waiting :(

Associate
Think it was always on the cards for Late May or june - suppose July is ok considering this is a really big change to cpu design.

As for how much these new chips will consume, 135w will be the new AM4 stock config i think. The 12 with its big clocks and the 16 with its cores pushing them there. As for the potential mad 5.1ghz 16 core special that was mooted, er.. pass lol

Doesnt matter anyway, all the chips will humiliate the 9900k ... i mean the 9700k... er or what ever the 9900k becomes after being humped by the next round of hyperthreading updates.

Soldato
400 Watts he said, Buildzoid is talking out of his arse, i have a lot of respect for Buildzoid but time and time again he makes wild prediction like this without testing anything, then when others do it turns out he was so far off the mark its not even funny.

400 Watts, its a joke, only he's not joking and that should tell you all you need to know about him.

I've said it before and I'll say it again he's an extreme overclocker (LN2), he's not talking out his arse he just sees hardware differently than you or I, here's a rule of thumb for you that i use when listening to him, take everything he says and half it, if he's saying maximum 400W then think maximum 200W, if he says a board is awful think mediocre, if he says it's not to bad think good, if he says good think excellent, and so on.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's been a difficult thread to follow, and I'd like to ask a couple of questions if anyone could be kind enough to answer.

- Will these new CPU run fine on x470 or will a new mobo be essential?

- Will there be specific RAM requirements?

Ta.

Soldato
It's been a difficult thread to follow, and I'd like to ask a couple of questions if anyone could be kind enough to answer.

- Will these new CPU run fine on x470 or will a new mobo be essential?

- Will there be specific RAM requirements?

Ta.

Leaked X570 boards so far using 8 pin plus 4 pin and 10phase+ vrm so if your X470 has that or better then you should be good to go even for the 16 core 3800x

Soldato
Team Group Dark Pro "8 Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit
Look OK?
From the leaks we've seen supported memory goes up to 4000MHz and the B-Die memory you've linked to is advertised as "up to 4500 MHz guaranteed memory clocks" so you should be good with that if you're OK with adjusting the timings manually.

Caporegime
I've said it before and I'll say it again he's an extreme overclocker (LN2), he's not talking out his arse he just sees hardware differently than you or I, here's a rule of thumb for you that i use when listening to him, take everything he says and half it, if he's saying maximum 400W then think maximum 200W, if he says a board is awful think mediocre, if he says it's not to bad think good, if he says good think excellent, and so on.

He's not being terribly clear with that, if he's talking about LN2 he's being about as clear as mud, if you just take him for what he said he really isn't, i think we have to assume LN2 is what he's talking about.

And you see what's happening, people are just taking it as given without even thinking about how ridiculous that would be.

Soldato

Not always that simple, there's a great deal of things to accommodate for when talking about a power solution. If you watch his videos you'll find he changes his stance on a few things recently, too. When it comes to this stuff there is a lot of blind leading the blind.

As for the actual power draw, for a 16 core part, once overclocked this isn't all that unlikely (even on ambient). Depends on the load, but without measuring it there's no way of making that assumption safely.

Soldato
Not always that simple, there's a great deal of things to accommodate for when talking about a power solution. If you watch his videos you'll find he changes his stance on a few things recently, too. When it comes to this stuff there is a lot of blind leading the blind.

As for the actual power draw, for a 16 core part, once overclocked this isn't all that unlikely (even on ambient). Depends on the load, but without measuring it there's no way of making that assumption safely.

did the same with aorus pre-launch z390 images and then when supplied with them, had his mind changed.

sure this will be the case with asus x570 boards . seem pretty good .

well, looks like asrock has pretty much given design of their x570 away with latest z390 offerings today lol

https://www.techpowerup.com/255606/asrock-announces-two-new-premium-phantom-gaming-z390-motherboards

literally ROG and Aorus have had a child ... ^^ Design shift away from Gaming 9/6

hopefully make asrock fans happy looking for their x570 board. Believe phases are the same for z390 and x570 but havent been able to track that down yet (12+2 & 10+2)

Caporegime
did the same with aorus pre-launch z390 images and then when supplied with them, had his mind changed.

sure this will be the case with asus x570 boards . seem pretty good .

well, looks like asrock has pretty much given design of their x570 away with latest z390 offerings today lol

https://www.techpowerup.com/255606/asrock-announces-two-new-premium-phantom-gaming-z390-motherboards

literally ROG and Aorus have had a child ... ^^ Design shift away from Gaming 9/6

hopefully make asrock fans happy looking for their x570 board. Believe phases are the same for z390 and x570 but havent been able to track that down yet (12+2 & 10+2)

What do we think of this design guys? i..... i... even though its so overdone and trying far to hard... i, i kinda like it.

FDyyfPF.jpg.png

Back
Top Bottom