Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Permabanned
That petition floating around is exactly the reason I can't wait for this show to be done with. I didn't really like that episode at all and am all up for open discussion about it, but petitioning the creators is pathetic.

Caporegime
That petition floating around is exactly the reason I can't wait for this show to be done with. I didn't really like that episode at all and am all up for open discussion about it, but petitioning the creators is pathetic.
It's intended as a statement to show that many fans are extremely unhappy. It's not intended to get an actual re-shoot.

Soldato
yeah, if they wanted to make a point why not start a campaign on forums to get people to mail "This season sucked ass!" and let the 2.5million emails speak for themselves. a bit like the Jericho fans mailing nuts in.

the funniest thing ever would be a reshoot that people liked even less :D
still, given all the multiple endings they claim to have shot, they can put them all on the DVD and people can pick one they like.
assuming anyone buys the DVDs of course :D

Permabanned
I'm an idiot because I no longer care what happens? I'd rather know that I'm going to be disappointed than pointlessly hold out hope that it would get better.

I just think that element of surprise is SO important when it comes to forming an opinion on something. Seeing how a twist/plot point is orchestrated, shot and directed spontaneously and naturally is what it's all about. I don't really see the point otherwise.

Not knocking you btw mate, you do what you want. Certainly doesn't make you an idiot. Just saying that I think a virgin viewing of anything will always help you form a more natural opinion or critique and that I wouldn't necessarily consider said opinion/critique as valid as one that'd not been informed of information ahead of time... if that makes any sense xD

Soldato
I just think that element of surprise is SO important when it comes to forming an opinion on something. Seeing how a twist/plot point is orchestrated, shot and directed spontaneously and naturally is what it's all about. I don't really see the point otherwise.

Not knocking you btw mate, you do what you want. Certainly doesn't make you an idiot. Just saying that I think a virgin viewing of anything will always help you form a more natural opinion or critique and that I wouldn't necessarily consider said opinion/critique as valid as someone who'd not been informed ahead of time.
I watched up to The Long Night without spoilers and was incredibly disappointed (mostly in episode 3). The fact that it only got worse after that makes me believe spoilers definitely didn't impact my overall opinion at all, it's just really bad writing. The problem is this season is all about shocking the viewer but the twists are massively underdeveloped and rushed to the point where I'm spending more time questioning how that could possibly happen based on whats happened over the last 7 seasons than appreciating the twist itself. At least if I know what's going to happen I can try my best to piece it together beforehand and at least try and appreciate the show.

No worries, just think idiot was a bit too strong a word considering the way the season has gone :).

Soldato
Not seen any spoilers and wont see any before the end, if you actively want to spoil a show you have followed for years you are an idiot. :)
Wow this big brain logic.. Absolutely amazing.
Being in certain circles on the internet LITERALLY exposes you to spoilers all the time, heck you only have to scroll down on some youtube channels to have the entire episode spoiled for you.
Its really not that hard...

Its entertainment, it is by definition rather pointless outside of its exceptionally specific purpose.

Permabanned
Wow this big brain logic.. Absolutely amazing.
Being in certain circles on the internet LITERALLY exposes you to spoilers all the time, heck you only have to scroll down on some youtube channels to have the entire episode spoiled for you.
Its really not that hard...

If you actually consider a piece of entertainment somehow is tainted by being spoilers I would judge your character tbh.

Rubbish, its easy to avoid, have not seen a single spoiler for GOT since it started. Though I had read the books previously so knew what happened most of the time but thats different.

I also said "actively want to spoil", why would people do that......surely it kind of ruins the experience good or bad.

Associate
There's a difference to accidentally stumbling on a spoiler vs actively seeking one out.
Like going to the last few pages of a book and reading those first. There's no way the ending will be as satisfying.

Soldato
Slightly off topic but can anyone remember a fantasy/sci-fi series that had a genuinely satisfying final season and conclusion?

I was wracking my brain trying to think of one. Lots came to mind that went seriously awry such as:

X-Files
Battlestar: Galactica
Lost

Even if you think about movies, like The Matrix trilogy and Lord of the Rings - I doubt there's many people who prefer 'Return of the King' or 'Revolutions' over the original.

DS9 was decent all the way through, but it didn't get really great until Season 3.

I must be one of the few that actually liked the BSG ending!

Back
Top Bottom