• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
So, I forgot to make a back up copy of my old iPhone image. movetoios on Android doesn't seem to work with Android 9, as apparently Apple haven't updated it. I have had to use AFT, and another third party application to get my messages and other media.

What a farce!

Soldato
I wonder if anyone knows the answer to this question off hand:

I just upgraded from a 6 to an XS, in the process losing the ringtones I made myself through iTunes many years ago. Before I put the time into re-creating them, am I right to assume the old method still works?

i.e.:
Pick a song in iTunes
Use 'get info' to cut it down to a 40 second or less section
Make a copy of that song
Find the created file and change the suffix to .m4r
Import that new song to iTunes and it recognises as a ringtone.
(Don't forget to reset the 'get info' entries on the original song file, otherwise it'll only play the shortened section from then on.)

Associate
Thanks guys, so gutted and no insurance!!!

Going in on Monday to Southampton apple store, do they fix it while you wait?

Also which cases offer best protection for the screen as well as back?

Cheers

Soldato
Thanks guys, so gutted and no insurance!!!

Going in on Monday to Southampton apple store, do they fix it while you wait?

Also which cases offer best protection for the screen as well as back?

Cheers

They just swap the phone for a refurbished one IIRC.

Dbrand Grip plus their prism screen protectors. You can take a hammer to the screen and it doesn't break.

https://dbrand.com/shop/prism

Soldato
Quite annoyed as I bought a 3rd party screen protector for my X when it came out and worked great. Then I was having touch issues with the screen and Apple replaced the whole screen, of course that meant I needed a new screen protector so I paid them £30 to apply their one. A few months later I notice a large bubble in the corner. I plan to head in to ask them to replace it, but it wasn't a priority and now I notice that the protector also has a hairline crack, which wasn't there before. Must be from a recent knock.

I doubt they'll believe me though about the bubble being there before now that it has an actual crack, not sure if it's worth making the journey to a store to ask them nicely to replace it anyway.

Caporegime
Quite annoyed as I bought a 3rd party screen protector for my X when it came out and worked great. Then I was having touch issues with the screen and Apple replaced the whole screen, of course that meant I needed a new screen protector so I paid them £30 to apply their one. A few months later I notice a large bubble in the corner. I plan to head in to ask them to replace it, but it wasn't a priority and now I notice that the protector also has a hairline crack, which wasn't there before. Must be from a recent knock.

I doubt they'll believe me though about the bubble being there before now that it has an actual crack, not sure if it's worth making the journey to a store to ask them nicely to replace it anyway.

Sounds very over complicated. Why not just stick a cheap tempered glass one on? Save all the hassle.

Soldato
Yeah, I should probably just get a cheap replacement off amazon. I guess I felt I wanted to get my money's worth from Apple seeing as I had to pay them £30 for a new one because of a fault with the screen that wasn't my fault. Plus the fact that the Apple one didn't last very well for the cost, being about triple the cost of a 3rd party replacement.

Soldato
Yeah, I should probably just get a cheap replacement off amazon. I guess I felt I wanted to get my money's worth from Apple seeing as I had to pay them £30 for a new one because of a fault with the screen that wasn't my fault. Plus the fact that the Apple one didn't last very well for the cost, being about triple the cost of a 3rd party replacement.

I just use esr screen protectors and cases and work great, saved my phone many times and phones still in mint condition, £7 I think for a screen protector

Associate
Need to get my iPhone 7 screen replaced, dropped it and got cracks in the corners.
Dont fancy doing so as I'm planning to get the XS successor in September.

£166.44 yuk.

Could get it cheaper third party but I've heard too many horror stories.

Cracks not too bad but I feel its gonna get worse and become noticeable, I'm kinda hoping If I do get it replaced they **** up and replace the whole handset, as I've got a few scuffs.

Speaking on the XS successor, they're rumoured to be getting rid of 3D Touch.
Which is a damn shame I dont fancy "Haptic Touch" or whatever they're calling it.

Caporegime
Need to get my iPhone 7 screen replaced, dropped it and got cracks in the corners.
Dont fancy doing so as I'm planning to get the XS successor in September.

£166.44 yuk.

Could get it cheaper third party but I've heard too many horror stories.

Cracks not too bad but I feel its gonna get worse and become noticeable, I'm kinda hoping If I do get it replaced they **** up and replace the whole handset, as I've got a few scuffs.

Speaking on the XS successor, they're rumoured to be getting rid of 3D Touch.
Which is a damn shame I dont fancy "Haptic Touch" or whatever they're calling it.

Theres new Rose Gold 128GB iPhone 7s going on Ebay for £240.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/br...nty-24649-at-cheapest-electrical-ebay-3237877

Back
Top Bottom