LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Soldato
A word of caution to those who will choose to return the monitor under DSR/CCR. ocuk WILL NOT arrange for a pick up through DPD business

I don't understand this, at all. When I returned my Gigabyte Aorus monitor a couple of months ago it was dead easy, OcUK arranged the return and didn't charge me anything, all I had to do was drop it off at my local Currys (Yuk! felt dirty going in one of those :) ) which was the nearest DPD pick up point.

Soldato
I don't understand this, at all. When I returned my Gigabyte Aorus monitor a couple of months ago it was dead easy, OcUK arranged the return and didn't charge me anything, all I had to do was drop it off at my local Currys (Yuk! felt dirty going in one of those :) ) which was the nearest DPD pick up point.

Did you return it under defect or dsr? For defect they will arrange the delivery back to ocuk and cover the costs. For sending stuff back under dsr from now on the consumer has to arrange and pay for sending it back, says so on their return policy as well.

Associate
Hello everybody!

I'm helpless… I can't find any information about the differences between:
34GK950F
34GK950F-B
34GK950F-W

Does any know and can share? Thanks!
I'm thinking of getting one, but the one in stock is 34GK950F.

Associate
On darker backgrounds (but not completely black) such as dark grey, dark red there are a lot of horizontal scan lines with a bit darker tone. They are hard to see from normal viewing distance (they absorb into the background), but when I increase the brightness or look on the screen from close distance they are clearly visible. On white background there is no way to see them.
I took a few photos (they are a bit exaggerated) and marked those lines with arrow. Please ignore that discoloration around the edges as it's mostly glow. I've updated firmware. Firstly thought that it's a problem with cable or GPU, even tried lowering refresh rate but it didn't help and I realized that it happens also when monitor is disconnected from GPU, so it seems to be a problem with panel.

https://imgur.com/a/9UhrFJD

The question is - is it normal for that type of panel (big curved IPS) or should I RMA it?
I just received another unit and you know what? It is the same. So either I am really unlucky either it is normal. Do you also experience the same issue? My monitor is from february 2019. Please let me know as I can still return the monitor.

It doesn't bother me that much, but I wonder if it is a defect.

https://imgur.com/a/m6oNChf

Associate
I just received another unit and you know what? It is the same. So either I am really unlucky either it is normal. Do you also experience the same issue? My monitor is from february 2019. Please let me know as I can still return the monitor.

It doesn't bother me that much, but I wonder if it is a defect.

https://imgur.com/a/m6oNChf

I don't think I see anything like that in my unit. But then again, I may not be looking for the right thing (I don't clearly see the lines in you pictures either).

---

I've been using it for a couple of days and I'm quite happy.
BLB could probably be better, but I think I'm fine with what I have: https://imgur.com/a/6sYg8zu (dark room, black, brightness 40)
What do you think?

Associate
It's easiest to see if you turn grey uniform color and look on the screen from close distance.

BLB is quite good, similiar to what I experienced in my 2 units.

Here is a nice dark room, black screen picture taken of my screen.
But don't panic! it is a highly exaggerated image since I used a mega high ISO profile on the camera to pick up all the light emitted detail. (e.g black appears as blue etc)
In normal daylight and room lighting conditions you don't detect any of that bleed.

LG34GK950F_BlackScreen.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
@Daniel - LG Since the new 27" LG 27GL850 will be both FreeSync AND officially get the G-Sync compatible certification, can we expect the
LG 34GK950F to become officially G-Sync compatible certified? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom