• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMAZON RTX 2080 TI RIP-OFF RETURN SCAM. BUYER BEWARE!

Associate
Jesus talk about a rip. At least amazon have an easy refund policy so it kinda works both ways.
I’m surprised there’s even any 2080ti cards second hand anyway

Associate
Its actually a really stupid thing to do because if you get caught (and you could) you're basically committing a crime in trying to defraud the retailer not to mention any civil action to recover the cost of the fraud plus any legal expenses. What's your defence going to be "Oh I'm sorry I must have sent the wrong item back", yeah that's not looking too strong.

Caporegime
Happened me as well, ordered a 980ti strix (new) when I received it there was an older geforce card in the box, bfg 270 or something along those lines. Seems it's also an issue on products they sell as "new" going by my experience. Got refunded no issue.

Caporegime
Xm2HE0k.jpg

That's what i got instead of a 980ti strix. Seems like amazon just take some returns and stock them as new as that was bought new, not used.

Associate
It seems like it should be easy to catch the people doing this. After all, their name and address are on the original delivery.

Associate
It seems like it should be easy to catch the people doing this. After all, their name and address are on the original delivery.
But doing something about it means Amazon would have to admit that they send out customer returns as new stock. There's a perverse incentive for all concerned for Amazon to do nothing. Shame really.

Mobster
Soldato
Its actually a really stupid thing to do because if you get caught (and you could) you're basically committing a crime in trying to defraud the retailer not to mention any civil action to recover the cost of the fraud plus any legal expenses. What's your defence going to be "Oh I'm sorry I must have sent the wrong item back", yeah that's not looking too strong.

you were upgrading a couple of computers at a time and unfortunately you must have switched cards without even think, sorry about that.

There you go.

Permabanned
How do we know the fella making the vid is not the scammer? Unless he makes a continuous video from the delivery of the package until opening.
Perhaps because it has happened to many people (including me and others on this same forum) have experienced the same thing from the same retailer over the course of the last two years.

There is no real proof he is not the culprit... but there is certainly reasonable doubt, considering this ongoing issue with Amazon.

My ex-wife used to work in their returns department and was not surprised when I told her about this issues experienced.

Their warehouse and returns staff are paid by the item, effectively... or at least their targets are set as such... so anyone who improves upon those targets is rewarded.

There are financial rewards for processing bother deliveries and returns unreasonably quickly... so there are plenty of incentives to not check returns properly and sticker them anyway.

So far, there appears to be no penalty.

Soldato
I’m surprised there’s even any 2080ti cards second hand anyway

People with a small YouTube channel have to buy there own products for review. They buy a GPU, review it, run benchmarks and then sell it. Then hopefully when their channel gets big, the big companies will send them review samples.

Also some people try to live beyond their means and get into debt. Then they have to sell some of their possesions to pay off their debts. I often see adverts where people are selling stuff to get them out of a hole.

Back
Top Bottom