Cat poo on the grass and in garden problem

Man of Honour
Get an empty 2l clear bottle and fill with water leave a few around garden, sounds strange but works

Be warned that if you fill 20 or so of them and put them all of your tiny lawn in your front garden it looks ridiculous :p (one of my neighbors really went to town with this idea).

Soldato
I throw it back over the neighbours fence in the evening and wash the area with some anti bacterial stuff I bought off Amazon. I also planted a lot of lavender, which they don't like. It was quite bad at one point but it's infrequent now since we have a) started using the garden more b) planted the lavender and c) started putting repellent down. I have a water sprayer but am holding off using that at the moment.

Associate
OP
After all its not about cats, but someones posseions coming into some else's property, and damaging it. It could be dogs, lions, tigers or cars, but because they are cats, the owners seem getting away with the damages done to others properties. That's how I see it.

Caporegime
After all its not about cats, but someones posseions coming into some else's property, and damaging it. It could be dogs, lions, tigers or cars, but because they are cats, the owners seem getting away with the damages done to others properties. That's how I see it.

Pretty much this. Has a cat decide to just jump on top of my car the other day. I was there to see it likely doing it all the time. With it's sharp claws scratching the paintwork, etc.

Soldato
Anti intruder spikes on the fence? They'll only climb it once. We've just added these to ours.
Our infra red emittters were rubbish, only effective for a couple of weeks and batteries were still good.
We also have a super soaker with a good range and 'grenade' function.

Associate
I had a patch of lawn destroyed by cat poo and urine. My solution? Get a couple of lemons, slice them thinly and place in a circle around the bare patch. Apparently cats don't like citrus (or mustard powder...). Along with some 'patch magic' grass seed, my lawn has now recovered...

Associate
Not sure if you still have this issue but if you do Lion Poo from amazon put the pellets in your plants etc and it scares cat's away my parents had the same issue cat's kept Sh*tting on their doorstep/mat so they decided to try and put lion poo in bird feeds/ under plants and it worked a treat for them you can get it from the rainforest

Soldato
Not sure if you still have this issue but if you do Lion Poo from amazon put the pellets in your plants etc and it scares cat's away my parents had the same issue cat's kept Sh*tting on their doorstep/mat so they decided to try and put lion poo in bird feeds/ under plants and it worked a treat for them you can get it from the rainforest

The rainforest might be a bit far to go for him tho.

Soldato
Thought lions where from the serengeti, not the rainforest? I'd imagine their manes would go all fuzzy due to the humidity? :D

Yeah, I was guessing there are no really answers to this problem. Just wondered how others deal with the problem.
Get a dog.

Yes, I had seen some dogs and cats make friends rather than chasing and chased
Get a better dog! ;)

Terriers are the best. Mine chases anything invading his garden - cats, birds, even stray footballs. All are destroyed. The world ends as he thunders out of his dog flap and defends the rear. What a soldier.

He's never caught a cat (small dog problems) and the times he's encountered a cat that doesn't back away (when out walking) there is a 'mexican stand-off'. Being a terrier, it's all about the chase. A pigeon did get decimated once, but it may or may not have been already dead.

Our front lawn(s) are cat poo'd (no dog defender). I've planted Pyracantha around the front and it's solved 75% of the problem now the thorns are thick enough, but there's still access around the sides. It's certainly solved the neighbours children kicking footballs around on there (although I dread to think how much cat poo they where carrying on their shoes back home). Also the lady we caught changing a babies nappy on there doesn't seem to have returned (seriously!).

Have heard of curry powder, chilli powder, anything citrus repels many animals (including dogs). One of our neighbours actually puts damp tea bags around her lawn. Think it works but it looks hilarious.

Last edited:
Associate
We are getting neighbours cats coming to our garden, and poos on the grass or flower beds. It is disgusting to trying to clear the droppings, and especially on the grass, it leaves huge craters when the grass is lifted with the cat poo on it to be thrown into the bin, so it destroys our lawn. We feel as if our grass and garden is vandalised when that happens.

We have tried every possible commercial cat deterrent including smelly things cat hates, infra red device, and nothing worked effectively. It costed us lot of money time and effort trying to resolve the problem, but as said nothing worked so far.

Do you suffer from similar situation and problems? How did you try to deal with the problem?
What would be best way to deal with the problem?
Wee along the boundary

Back
Top Bottom