• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EPIC DEAL: INTEL 9900K RETAIL ONLY £449.99 WITH FREE GAMES!!!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Were doing a crazy deal on 9900K, so crazy its same price as regular 9900 none K edition is at most competitors.

Plus it comes with the FREE Intel Games/software bundle too:

Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz (Coffee Lake) Socket LGA1151 Processor - Retail @ £449.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Inte...ocket-LGA1151-Processor-Retail-CP-65J-IN.html

BX80684I99900K, Hyper-Threading Technology, 3.60GHz Clock Speed, 5.0GHz Single Core Max Turbo, 16mb Cache, 95W TDP, Dual Channel DDR4 Controller, 3 Year Warranty

Only £449.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

This crazy deal ends tomorrow at 9am, so do not miss out!!!

Associate
Would imagine it's an extremely bad time to buy one of these with the new ryzen around the corner and Intel's supply increasing.

Can see the price plummeting very soon.

OcUK Staff
OP
Would imagine it's an extremely bad time to buy one of these with the new ryzen around the corner and Intel's supply increasing.

Can see the price plummeting very soon.

Intel rarely if ever change the price on their parts, prices are only impacted by currency fluctuations and the pound is actually weakening at present, not strengthening. :)
Supply has never being an issue at OcUK, in stock since day one and always in stock since. :)

Soldato
Intel rarely if ever change the price on their parts, prices are only impacted by currency fluctuations and the pound is actually weakening at present, not strengthening. :)
Supply has never being an issue at OcUK, in stock since day one and always in stock since. :)
Supply has never been an issue because you gouged the living hell out of the retail 9900k's during the global shortages! :D:D

£450 is still mad for a 8 core (8 thread now) part with Zen 2 around the corner.

Last edited:
Soldato
Only needs to drop by around another two hundred pounds to be an attractive buy.

You'd be barmy to buy one of these until it's seen how the Ryzen three series will perform.

And even then I'd still buy AMD for VFM.

OcUK Staff
OP
Intel trying to fight back against Zen2 prior to its release or OCUK deal?

If I had a large stock of these chips right now I'd be trying to reduce it with deals.

Our own deal, most competitors are £25 - £60 more expensive or were at time of doing the deal, nothing to stop anyone from matching.

Our inventory is fine and we will replenish in a week or so, Intel don't need to fight anything which does not exist yet. :)

We have sold over 4000 9900K processors so its a great product for us.

Soldato
Yeah they do. Absolutely they do. They have to fight speculation, rumour and competitor prospects just like any company. And they are loosing....

That may well be the case (and I too will be jumping back to AMD this year), but come on. Gibbo works for OcUK and we're on OcUK's forums. You can't expect Gibbo to post the company's latest offer and then have him start agreeing that it's crap... We have our opinions but here isn't the place to elicit them, as whether Gibbo agrees or not, he's hardly in a position to say anything in a company promotion thread...

OcUK Staff
OP
That may well be the case (and I too will be jumping back to AMD this year), but come on. Gibbo works for OcUK and we're on OcUK's forums. You can't expect Gibbo to post the company's latest offer and then have him start agreeing that it's crap... We have our opinions but here isn't the place to elicit them, as whether Gibbo agrees or not, he's hardly in a position to say anything in a company promotion thread...

Well from my position, the 9900K is a great product for OcUK, it is one of our best selling CPU's, right now 9700K is our best seller, then 9900K and 2700X trade blows with each other for 3rd place, so irrelevant of where Intel is, for us the sales are great.
I have also being doing this for 20 years, Intel do not price change their products on high-end SKU, certainly not whilst they are a current product, that only happens once the product has being superseded, for example our 6700K and 7700K pricing is very good, but you can see 8700K is now more expensive than when launched, because of currency weakening, so Intel won't drop price, the master distribution price on a current high-end SKU rarely if ever changes.

All Intel do on current SKU is typically DPA's on the more mainstream parts for mass system production, like 9400F for example is very aggressively priced to compete with AMD in that segment, but in the high-end and for OcUK intel outsells AMD because for the gamer the 9700K and 9900K are the best option if money is no problem and those who want the best, buy Intel 9700K or 9900K due to it being Intel, because of higher MHz frequency and because of better memory overclocking.

The way Intel will compete is by releasing further new products later in the year, not by reducing cost on current gen.

End of the day, this is a deal, were beating the competition and that is all I care and all that matters to us, Intel's long game plan is their problem and of course anything that we or I know is strictly under NDA.

Soldato
At the end of the day Zen 2 won't beat the 9900k on pure gaming performance. It will either be value (again) or more cores (again).

It's true though, the security vulnerabilities of Intel processors should give people pause, and lacking PCI-E 4.0 is something to consider.

Coin flip.

Back
Top Bottom