Best refreshing bottled lager for the summer days

Soldato
Lol hooch. Is that still going?

I wouldn't because I dont have the brass neck for it. Nor do I frequent clubs where men like other men, etc.

You know the stereotype of drinking such drinks.

Well that just says more about you than me. My exact point about people feeling pressured into drinking what everyone else is rather than what they like.

Why do you care so much way other people think is the issue?

Soldato
Yeah, Hooch resurfaced a few years ago.

I'm sure there was a stigma for men to drink G&T's at some point aswell but times change. Luckily people seem more willing to drink/do what they want rather than what they think they should.
Agreed, you definitely see more people trying different drinks now.
Bit like telling a bloke off for ordering a salad and insisting you must order a steak.

Caporegime
Well that just says more about you than me. My exact point about people feeling pressured into drinking what everyone else is rather than what they like.

I had a guy in charge of the kitty on a stag do (which I put into) argue with me for 10 minutes over the fact he was going to get tequila for everyone but I told him I couldn't drink it and I would literally throw up if I did and to get me anything else. Like Sambuca or Southern Comfort, etc. After this argument in which he lied and said they don't have Southern Comfort when I said I could see the bottle from here he then proceeded to buy everyone a tequila but then got himself a different shot yet took umbrage with my request which he acted out as if under duress.

Fair to say I set him straight the next day when he tried something similar.

For me its Radler, got to be the most summer drink for smashing thorough 20 bottles or so in the sun, a tad gassy but if you want refreshing then thats it
To be honest personally though when its anything other than Radler for me its an aged cider, so its not sweet, decent amount of ice and I think it smashes all lager type beers for refreshing quality.

Soldato
@robfosters, I'm going to try some Sainsbury's own brand Czech Pilsner over the weekend, apparently it's pretty nice and some say its a match for that Urquell Pilsner but a lot cheaper at £1.25 a bottle (500ml).

I agree a lot of Craft larger's are very nice but not always that refreshing on a hot summers day and not always as easy to get at your local supermarket.

Pet Northerner
Don
For me its Radler, got to be the most summer drink for smashing thorough 20 bottles or so in the sun, a tad gassy but if you want refreshing then thats it
To be honest personally though when its anything other than Radler for me its an aged cider, so its not sweet, decent amount of ice and I think it smashes all lager type beers for refreshing quality.

I'm gutted that my local asda no longer stock it :(

Soldato
@robfosters, I'm going to try some Sainsbury's own brand Czech Pilsner over the weekend, apparently it's pretty nice and some say its a match for that Urquell Pilsner but a lot cheaper at £1.25 a bottle (500ml).

I agree a lot of Craft larger's are very nice but not always that refreshing on a hot summers day and not always as easy to get at your local supermarket.

The coop czech one is also pretty decent if there's one near you

Soldato
I had a guy in charge of the kitty on a stag do (which I put into) argue with me for 10 minutes over the fact he was going to get tequila for everyone but I told him I couldn't drink it and I would literally throw up if I did and to get me anything else. Like Sambuca or Southern Comfort, etc. After this argument in which he lied and said they don't have Southern Comfort when I said I could see the bottle from here he then proceeded to buy everyone a tequila but then got himself a different shot yet took umbrage with my request which he acted out as if under duress.

Fair to say I set him straight the next day when he tried something similar.
Christ you sound like fun :/

Back
Top Bottom