• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
No and you know full well that wasn't what i said, i said it's the responsibility of the reader, listener, viewer to be aware of what they're consuming, not the other way around, not as you're implying that they should be knowledgeable on the subject matter, but that they should be aware of what they're consuming, in the same manner as people should be aware of the food they consume and the quality or lack thereof of it.

And when there's no information out there who's fault is that, you're (third person you are) basically telling a parched man not to drink that water over there because it's polluted but not providing any that isn't.

It's not a non argument because you're expecting people to do fact checking when there's next to no available facts to check things against, show me where someone discusses the implications of using doublers on motherboards and the processing delay and sag in a manner that ordinary people can relate to, as i said you're basically saying ignorance is better because in you're opinion the little people just wouldn't understand, whether intentionaly or not you're being incredibly condescending.

Read one of any Omega reviews.

It isn’t in any way condescending to suggest fact checking before posting a public video when the very purpose is aimed at informing people. That suggests anyone can do the same and not be held accountable. If I’m being condescending it’s because the notion is a little silly. If they knew what they were consuming, they likely wouldn’t be watching the video in the first place.

Soldato
Read one of any Omega reviews.

I would but a quick google has turned up nowt.

It isn’t in any way condescending to suggest fact checking before posting a public video when the very purpose is aimed at informing people. That suggests anyone can do the same and not be held accountable. If I’m being condescending it’s because the notion is a little silly. If they knew what they were consuming, they likely wouldn’t be watching the video in the first place.

Again you're misrepresenting what i said, i said it's condescending to suggest that the little people just wouldn't understand, not that it's condescending to suggest fact checking before posting a public video.

I know it's easy to read what you think someone is saying rather than what they're actually saying so I'll repeat what i said, facts can't be checked if there's next to no available facts to check things against, show me where someone discusses the implications of using doublers on motherboards and the processing delay and sag in a manner that ordinary people can relate to.

And yes it's condescending to suggest fact checking before posting a public video when the very purpose is aimed at informing people, it's condescending because you (all the you's are in third person BTW, not directed at you personally :)) believe you know better, that you're the only arbiter of what constitutes information, and that we shouldn't put that information out there in a way normal people can understand because *reason*, like i said if there's a void people will fill it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I would but a quick google has turned up nowt.

Again you're misrepresenting what i said, i said it's condescending to suggest that the little people just wouldn't understand, not that it's condescending to suggest fact checking before posting a public video.

I know it's easy to read what you think someone is saying rather than what they're actually saying so I'll repeat what i said, facts can't be checked if there's next to no available facts to check things against, show me where someone discusses the implications of using doublers on motherboards and the processing delay and sag in a manner that ordinary people can relate to.

And yes it's condescending to suggest fact checking before posting a public video when the very purpose is aimed at informing people, it's condescending because you (all the you's are in third person BTW, not directed at you personally :)) believe you know better, that you're the only arbiter of what constitutes information, and that we shouldn't put that information out there in a way normal people can understand because *reason*, like i said if there's a void people will fill it.

It's not condescending at all. Because it's not easily digestible, and I never for a moment said it was...

That doesn't give somebody a free pass to make a video filled with ambiguity and factual errors - or if they do, own up and inform your viewers you've been enlightened, rather than pretend that was your own understanding all along.

But agree to disagree...

Soldato
Do you know who Brain Cox is?

Now I'm in no way comparing him with buildziod but their both doing the same job, or at least attempting to in the case of buildzoid, they're communicators, they communicate what can often be very complex subjects to normal people in a way they can understand and that interests them, communicators are important in any complex field, that why IMO it's condescending because you're basically saying it's not easily digestible and we can't be bothered to explain it to you (again third person you's).

The reason there's ambiguity and factual errors is because nobody can be bothered to communicate complex subject to the little people so peoples natural interest in the subject fills in the void.

Soldato
Do you know who Brain Cox is?

Now I'm in no way comparing him with buildziod but their both doing the same job, or at least attempting to in the case of buildzoid, they're communicators, they communicate what can often be very complex subjects to normal people in a way they can understand and that interests them, communicators are important in any complex field, that why IMO it's condescending because you're basically saying it's not easily digestible and we can't be bothered to explain it to you (again third person you's).

The reason there's ambiguity and factual errors is because nobody can be bothered to communicate complex subject to the little people so peoples natural interest in the subject fills in the void.

Then pose it as conjecture instead of fact. It's simple (the answer, not the subject matter).

I don't understand why it's such a stretch for you to realise that if someone goes out of their way to be an authority on something, that they should know what they're talking about.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Radeon VII is 30% faster with 15% less power vs Vega 64, that's about a 40/45% performance per watt difference.
And moved from 14nm to 7nm... Thats 50% also vega 7 is most unimpressive product iw seen. Even vega64 and fury x ware more impressive. When ot takes 7nm to match competition on 12nm using more power ye.... Jensen was right lol

Soldato
Brilliant, just brilliant! :p

There are Z390 boards with two 8 pins. They must be backwards compatible for the Intel 500w 12 core 14nm lol

Builzdoid said the Navi pcb was primed to pull 300w or more.

However he always looks at maximums
Board makers over size vrm for efficiency and cooling and always add more power pins than generally needed. Just look at the 2080ti, looking at the pcb youd think they pull well over 500w but no it’s 250w out of the box.

What part of the chipset are these boards active cooling? It's not the VRM's and why is it so hot on this chipset?

It’s the PCH that gets hot. Buildzoid seems to have inside info on this and was implying it actually only gets hot when you use certain high end nvme drive configurations. It’s could be the extra bandwidth of pcie 4 is placing extra strain there when you load it up with lots of high speed drives.

Well have to wait for reviewers to test what drive and gpu configurations cause the heat in the pch to build up. If your system isn’t going to run into that then you could probably disable or remove the fan

Last edited:
Associate
And moved from 14nm to 7nm... Thats 50% also vega 7 is most unimpressive product iw seen. Even vega64 and fury x ware more impressive. When ot takes 7nm to match competition on 12nm using more power ye.... Jensen was right lol
Yeah if you look at it that way it's not a good product. As a test bed for 7nm without costing much in dev time and gives them a good idea of how the silicon works at 7nm while they focus on CPU's and their next gen GPU arch, it's actually not a bad product from AMD's R&D perspective. MI60's aren't bad either, but from a gaming perspective the RVII is weak. It's more fan service than a serious product and likely only exists due to Nvidia's greed with the RTX pricing.

Soldato
I don't understand why it's such a stretch for you to realise that if someone goes out of their way to be an authority on something, that they should know what they're talking about.

Who ever said he's an authority, like i said if there's a void something will fill it, is he THE authority, probably not but in some people eyes he's the only/best person there is talking about these things, things that are obviously of interest to some people, if there's a need someone will fill it no matter how qualified they are to do so.

Soldato
Only the one on Scone's workbench and he's not going to share a picture. :p

I'm guessing the RAM doesn't go above 2400MHz yet?

lol, what's funny about this post is on the firmware build I have on my revision, it actually doesn't but that's a byproduct of something else. In terms of actual gains I doubt many will be disappointed. I'm impressed the boards haven't leaked yet TBH

Back
Top Bottom