Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
No matter what has become of the show, the one thing that will not be changed for me is the music! Throughout the show from series 1
I have become a huge fan of Ramin Djawadi's music from the show, not only that the supporting music from Sigur Ros and many others has been simply
superb.
For me anyway, it has played a huge part in the atmosphere - Goodbye brother is one of my fav pieces from the show. Any thoughts of you guy's have a particular
favourite piece?

Soldato
No matter what has become of the show, the one thing that will not be changed for me is the music! Throughout the show from series 1
I have become a huge fan of Ramin Djawadi's music from the show, not only that the supporting music from Sigur Ros and many others has been simply
superb.
For me anyway, it has played a huge part in the atmosphere - Goodbye brother is one of my fav pieces from the show. Any thoughts of you guy's have a particular
favourite piece?
The music is always excellent I agree. The Throne is Mine is probably one of my favourites, along with The Children and of course Rains of Castamere, in particular The National's rendition from the credits of S02E09. So haunting and fits Tywin perfectly.

Soldato
superb.
favourite piece?

The music is always excellent I agree. The Throne is Mine is probably one of my favourites, along with The Children and of course Rains of Castamere, in particular The National's rendition from the credits of S02E09. So haunting and fits Tywin perfectly.

Well said. "Light of the Seven" and "Blood of My Blood" are favourites, but "The Night King" may have eclipsed them. Also loved the covers; "Rains of Castamere" by The National, and "Jenny of Oldstones" by Florence + the Machine, for example. Superb stuff all round.

Associate

I personally preferred the Sigur Ros version of Rains of Castermere myself - I think it was because Joffery died in the episode that they played it in :D:D. That said The National's version was pretty cool too.

Associate
Well said. "Light of the Seven" and "Blood of My Blood" are favourites, but "The Night King" may have eclipsed them. Also loved the covers; "Rains of Castamere" by The National, and "Jenny of Oldstones" by Florence + the Machine, for example. Superb stuff all round.

I think "The Night King" was awesome - took it up a notch for me. I would love to hear Pod do the whole version of "Jenny from Oldstones"! Florence + the Machine was beautifully haunting, but Pod's just seemed to have the right tone for me. Still, both were excellent!

Soldato
I personally preferred the Sigur Ros version of Rains of Castermere myself - I think it was because Joffery died in the episode that they played it in :D:D. That said The National's version was pretty cool too.
Weirdly that version does nothing for me, couldn't even remember it :p. I've never been a huge fan of Light of the Seven either, it's really good for a few minutes then gets really repetitive to my ears.

Soldato
I don't get all the hate online towards the last season or episode, I loved every moment of it, especially the last episode where Daenerys became mad queen. Bring on the last episode.

Soldato
When you go back through the series you see the gradual building up to stuff like Ned losing his head, the Red Wedding, Jamie losing his hand, John ending his watch, the Vipers, the garden of betrayal, Joffrey getting offed, etc etc etc. This series (and last) the build up is in one episode and delivered in the next - it's soap opera levels of writing.

There's also more CGI and explosions than a Michael Bay movie. It's the contrast from slow burning political "game" to simple battle to battle war. It's jarring for most.

Caporegime
The more i think about it, the more ridiculous and illogical the whole end of the story is.

They didn't even need Dany's army to fight the night king, because all they needed to do was create a diversion and get Arya to stab him.

Dany didn't need anyone's help in taking Kings Landing as she just destroyed everything with one dragon.

Most of the show has just been rendered entirely pointless.

Last edited:
Soldato
The dialogue itself has been terrible, honestly one of those things that you don't realise just how bad it's gotten until you stick on an episode from season 1 or 2. Watching the earlier episodes makes it so obvious how far it's fallen, even the D&D written scenes in earlier seasons were great. Someone remade Jaime's trial (Don't explore the subreddit too much if you don't want spoilers!) with dialogue more akin to what we used to get, it's incredible and manages to set up so much without feeling forced.

Back
Top Bottom