Hayfever - Thread

Soldato
Mine has started already, need to be careful though that I’m not getting symptoms of Covid19 so I’ll try and book myself in and pay to get tested.

Soldato
I wake with a gunky throat and watery eyes. Luckily it goes away after a short while I have to keep the windows open at night as I get hot which probably does not help.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Started again for me also, does anyone know what sodding tree or grass it is since it always triggers end of Feb and 100% March every year ?

Will try
Chlorphenamine tablets since cetirizine are not as effective again, Benadryl relief acrivastine however working for now along with beconase spray.

May look into trying to get Avamys nasal spray later since many said its better than beconase spray and will try aspirin instead of paracetamol since it reduces inflammation this year, Covid has nothing on Hayfever we will win this war my fellow sneezers.

Soldato
I start taking the 1 a day hay fever tablets in March normally but I forgot this year. Been on the tablets now since last weekend. The loratadine ones work well for me but takes a few days to feel the full benefits. I will keep using them until the end of September no doubt. Never had hay fever before 2016.

Soldato
Had itchy eyes recently think it's the hay-fever kicking in again. Mine usually starts around this time of year, and gets pretty bad through April/May, before dying down a bit after that. Makes summers really suck.

Soldato
Yes it's definitely starting again now. Had to take my inhaler a couple of times in the past few weeks. I take the tablets all year round though due to other allergies. Got plenty of avamys spray though, only used it once so far, on the morning of knowing I was cutting the gras that day lol.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
glad it's not just me from the few posts above saying they have gone walking dead recently also but terminal boy suggested on the previous page it's the Willow tree that could be flaring our hay fever and allergies around March time frame.

Having a look around my area I have several trees with white small flowers on them which do bloom February/march, but don't think they look like willow trees.

white-flower-tree.jpg

see screwfix doing a special offer on chain saws for 59.99 quid also:)

Permabanned
Started again for me also, does anyone know what sodding tree or grass it is since it always triggers end of Feb and 100% March every year ?

It's the trees. Poplar, Birch, Oak, a few others.

Actually, the wind is the real problem as you don't even need to be near a forest or whatever to be affected. So you should blame that. Wind carries around the tree pollen, which breaks down into smaller microns so it lingers in the air for even longer. Unlike flower pollen which causes less allergies, although in part due this is due to being carried about by insects.

It's a really weird affliction. People develop an immunity to it, and some people start to suffer from it their later years. No one really knows why?

Back
Top Bottom