Summer Transfer Thread 2019

Man of Honour
I have absolutely no issue with signing young, hungry players. As long as we bring in some experience to go with them too.

Soldato
Despite the stadium we do have the money but failure of investment in the last 2 windows means they have some catching up to do, so effectively it could be a rebuild. Many be that's be on Levy's mind. Maybe he knows Poch is going and any incming manager will have his own money to invest. I'm only speculating but this is the only logical explanation I can come up with.

Players I see leaving:

Jensen
Trippier
Erikson
Lamella
Toby
and even Dier.

The club can't expect to keep keeping it's fingers crossed and hope others slip up. The last 8 weeks have been a joke. If we continue next terms where we left off, we are in serious trouble.

IMO - Poch is going.

What makes you think Poch is going? That passion he showed for the players and fans at the end of the game in Amsterdam didn't say "I'm leaving" to me. I'll be amazed if he leaves tbh.

As for players. Agree with all you've listed, Trippier is only any good when someone is behind him to cover his arse as Walker was at the WC. He's a crap right back. Eriksen will depend on who actually comes for him. I don't think he's shown enough this season for Barca or Madrid. Those are the 2 teams he would def leave us for and who can blame him.
I'd add
Aurier -no end product
Vorm - not good enough, now 3rd choice
Davies - need better player to challenge Rose
Wanyama - shadow of what he was 2 years ago

So we need a class CB to replace Toby.
At least 2 midfield players to replace Dembele, Wanyama and Dier
Attacking midfield(s) to replace Lamela, Eriksen if he goes
Striker to replace Janssen and Llorente.

Soldato
Thats very harsh on an 18 year old kid tbh. He got twice the amount of assists as Messi Lingard and he played for a relegated side.

Spurs might be in London but United are absolutely massive, i can see him going to them tbh.

Soldato
From a Leicester point of view, hoping we manage to sign Tielemans permanently although wouldn't be surprised if any of the top 6 (apart from Man City) tried to sign him. Other than that, hoping we hold on to all our players and add a new CB and striker.

Agreed, don't want to get involved in a bidding war for Tielemans. Morgan is getting on, so we need a replacement for him and Vardy needs a new strike partner.

Maguire, Maddison and Chilwell are all on long term contacts, so they aren't going anywhere ;)

Associate
Maguire, Maddison and Chilwell are all on long term contacts, so they aren't going anywhere ;)

Wish I shared your optimism!

James and Sessegnon. These are the targets of mid table teams.

I think these are exactly the sort of players United should be signing right now. They need some forward planning around their squad, get in some decent young players who can offer something now but should also improve and increase their value later on. Not to mention they are probably already an improvement on Valencia, Young, etc.

Soldato
Prefer to pay £10-15m for James rather than £70m for Zaha

Zaha is a great player for teams aiming for top 10 but really isn't good enough for top 4-6 imo (brilliant in nearly everything until he gets in front of goal, but at that point its like a deer in headlights lol)

Soldato
Would be delighted if spurs got tielemens ,gomes, sessegnon and retained eriksen.

We are desperate for some quality and depth in central midfield. Sissoko and winks are the only viable midfielders - dier and Wanyama aren't up to snuff

I don't think we need another striker. Sonny can easily provide us with cover in that area. But if we do that then we need Lamela to stay fit or a replacement attacking midfielder/forward so Sonny isn't shattered and overworked.

Back
Top Bottom