Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
What? Wii!? I played the original Deus Ex HR and it was my game of the year (and the year after). But when I also got the director’s cut it had a whole extra mission in it on a boat, that was massive, and really good. I don’t recall any bugs in HR (as opposed to MD on launch!)

Deus Ex: HR is still one of the best games I’ve played in the last number of years since its release. That is why I was so confused about the ridiculous performance problems with MD (at launch).
Yep. HR Directors Cut is has bugs vs the normal version apparently. I know for a fact there are issues with nvidia cards as I get weird artefacts on screen on the characters and the game is not as smooth etc vs the original. Could be that it is just an nvidia thing, but many on steam recommend you play the normal version which is what I do.

I did complete directors cut version back in the day though. Tried to play HR recently but got bored and uninstalled. But that might not be the games fault, as not much keeps my attention easily these days, I have hardly been gaming at all. Just completed Zelda again on the switch and played some punch out.

Soldato
Ok, I am now at a part in the game where I am investigating the watchmaker who was linked to the Ruzika station explosion, but I have two choices and I have to decide whether to save the watchmaker's daughter Allison or go to the Palisade Bank to investigate something that is stored there in a vault.

Which one should I do?

Soldato
Ok, I am now at a part in the game where I am investigating the watchmaker who was linked to the Ruzika station explosion, but I have two choices and I have to decide whether to save the watchmaker's daughter Allison or go to the Palisade Bank to investigate something that is stored there in a vault.

Which one should I do?
I picked Palisade Bank when I played it the first time. Which ever you pick though, the other one will fail. You could do a hard save if you wanted and do both, then pick the one you like the outcome best of them two ?

Soldato

Which one should I do?

I chose to go and investigate the vault. I can't comment on the alternative option having never done it, but exploring Palisade was fun.

Soldato
I picked Palisade Bank when I played it the first time. Which ever you pick though, the other one will fail. You could do a hard save if you wanted and do both, then pick the one you like the outcome best of them two ?

Yeah I think I will do this.

I chose to go and investigate the vault. I can't comment on the alternative option having never done it, but exploring Palisade was fun.

I felt like I should save his daughter because I haven't killed anyone yet in the game, and letting someone die when I have a choice to save them didn't fit for the way I have decided to play it. But at the same time, I kmow there is a bigger conspiracy going on that bank vaults could shed more light on. Decisions, decisions.

Soldato
Decided to play a bit with SSPT reshade after seeing someone do it in Human Revolutions but which I couldn't get working. https://flic.kr/s/aHsmEPmDoH

Sadly there's nothing that can be done about the noise yet. Hopefully there'll be some smart solution to overcome this problem. It really brings older games to life.
The pics numbered from 1 to 4, and the settings:

1: AO/AA OFF, Shadows med
2: Vanilla all max
3: RT Default (+ '2' settings)
4: RT FULL

The other 2 are simply SSPT On/Off + Vanilla max settings (bar MSAA).

Soldato
So I have been taking my time with the game, with a lot of breaks. Some parts made me lose interest and I stoped playing a few times, but I have finally completed it now.

Clearly the ending is just left wide open for another game... But it seems their priority is not making another but focusing on a Marvel Avengers game instead. I guess that decision is to maximise sales because MD didn't do well.

Overall, I felt MD was as good as HR and sometimes better, but one of the major weak points is how more unsatisfying the ending was.

I would love to see, if they ever make one, the next game show full transition of the world we see in the first game, since we already have the foundation for that there. The next game could be absolutely epic since fans have been waiting for the moment the new game is able to bridge the timeline to the first Deux Ex. We already saw some of that, but the next game could have it go even further. I would love to see what Paul Denton was doing before JC came into action, and what as happening in the US with the NSF. Lots of great potential.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So I have been taking my time with the game, with a lot of breaks. Some parts made me lose interest and I stoped playing a few times, but I have finally completed it now.

Clearly the ending is just left wide open for another game... But it seems their priority is not making another but focusing on a Marvel Avengers game instead. I guess that decision is to maximise sales because MD didn't do well.

Overall, I felt MD was as good as HR and sometimes better, but one of the major weak points is how more unsatisfying the ending was.

I would love to see, if they ever make one, the next game show full transition of the world we see in the first game, since we already have the foundation for that there. The next game could be absolutely epic since fans have been waiting for the moment the new game is able to bridge the timeline to the first Deux Ex. We already saw some of that, but the next game could have it go even further. I would love to see what Paul Denton was doing before JC came into action, and what as happening in the US with the NSF. Lots of great potential.

I think had they not treated the story of this ga e as a filler as much as they did, you would not have losses interest on the few occasions your did. Marchenko was nowhere near good enough of a character to be the final boss or any boss. Ending the game there left people with a lack of satisfaction. Also we needed to see a a bit more illuminati in the game. They should have had characters like Gunther and Anna in here, they mere mechs after all. Even manderley would have been good to see.

Let's hope that Cyberpunk 2077 next year will reignite people's interest in this genre. Maybe then they will start planning the last of Adam Jensen's trilogy.

Hopefully. But if there is no development now, judging by how long they take we would not get anything until 2025 :(

Caporegime
They should have had characters like Gunther and Anna in here, they mere mechs after all. Even manderley would have been good to see.

I remember Joseph in it - he's the guy with the moustache. I think it's a tad early for Gunther and Anna.

I've been looking at the Deus Ex wiki timeline - it's fascinating. So much stuff I didn't know as I'm not one for reading every newspaper/text/document that the game has.

https://deusex.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I remember Joseph in it - he's the guy with the moustache. I think it's a tad early for Gunther and Anna.

I've been looking at the Deus Ex wiki timeline - it's fascinating. So much stuff I didn't know as I'm not one for reading every newspaper/text/document that the game has.

https://deusex.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline
Will take a look.

Maybe a tad early for them, but I would rather take that then Marchenko...

Soldato
I think had they not treated the story of this ga e as a filler as much as they did, you would not have losses interest on the few occasions your did. Marchenko was nowhere near good enough of a character to be the final boss or any boss. Ending the game there left people with a lack of satisfaction. Also we needed to see a a bit more illuminati in the game. They should have had characters like Gunther and Anna in here, they mere mechs after all. Even manderley would have been good to see.

Hopefully. But if there is no development now, judging by how long they take we would not get anything until 2025 :(

It is annoying that they don't seem to show any real interest or desire to return go the Deus Ex series anytime soon. This reminds a little bit with what happened after Invisible war didn't do as well (although IW was worse than MD), so it doesn't fill you with optimism that we will see another game soon, although I do hope so!

For all of MD faults, I felt it got a lot of things right in the continuation of the HR story. It also felt like it was slowly developing closer to the look and feel of Deux Ex 1 in many ways, and I can't help but think that the next game would have gone all-out to connect that even more. I also would not be surprised if they were planning to also REMAKE the first game to connect everything and give people the chance to play the amazing world and story of Deux Ex 1 in a new game engine.

But for me right now, I am just going to have to wonder and imagine what might have been. I also feel in desperate need to find some other deep RPG/fps - so I'm looking at completing Fallout 4, but I just don't feel like the story ever pulled me in the same way as any of the Deux Ex games.

Soldato
A remake of the original, but with added content to tie up the story of Jensen, perhaps as a prologue, would be great. I won't hold my breath though.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It is annoying that they don't seem to show any real interest or desire to return go the Deus Ex series anytime soon. This reminds a little bit with what happened after Invisible war didn't do as well (although IW was worse than MD), so it doesn't fill you with optimism that we will see another game soon, although I do hope so!

For all of MD faults, I felt it got a lot of things right in the continuation of the HR story. It also felt like it was slowly developing closer to the look and feel of Deux Ex 1 in many ways, and I can't help but think that the next game would have gone all-out to connect that even more. I also would not be surprised if they were planning to also REMAKE the first game to connect everything and give people the chance to play the amazing world and story of Deux Ex 1 in a new game engine.

But for me right now, I am just going to have to wonder and imagine what might have been. I also feel in desperate need to find some other deep RPG/fps - so I'm looking at completing Fallout 4, but I just don't feel like the story ever pulled me in the same way as any of the Deux Ex games.
Yeah I enjoyed the story of the first one. If you could combine the engine, graphics etc of MD with HR, that would make a nice replay.

You just mentioned Invisible War and I just installed it. Don't have any games on my PC, but suddenly fancied playing it :p

I would not mind replaying Fallout 4, was not as good as Fallout 3 or as you say the story just does not come close to Deus Ex. Trouble is it is a long game and I usually like to get stuck into games when I start and just don't have the time for that right now. I would make time if it was an awesome story, but it just feels like I would be wasting time :(

We have Cyberpunk 2077 coming next year at least :)

A remake of the original, but with added content to tie up the story of Jensen, perhaps as a prologue, would be great. I won't hold my breath though.
That would have been awesome, but they dropped the ball with MD and it did not sell enough as a result. Now we have to suffer and wait... :(

Man of Honour

A reimagining of the story of the original with modern tech would be great as well as tying up some of the story lines and adding in the cut content from the original. I'd love it to feel like the threads of the story were running concurrently as well (such as Paul's activities in Hong Kong) so that not being restricted to a linear approach meant you'd encounter things differently or change the story more.

For instance the original setting was supposed to have much more of a quarantine feeling with restricted travel, etc. with the plague teetering on the brink of a doomsday disaster which they only really portrayed a shadow of.

One thing I found quite funny about the original game was that you could unintended misuse the game mechanics (such as blocking his path with barrels at various locations) to change Walton Simons's story pushing it towards a more tragic one of good intentions gone wrong or a darker one where he was more intentionally evil. That game was a masterpiece both intentionally and unintentionally.

What really killed MD for me though - I really don't enjoy the mechanics, inventory and character development both game mechanics and UI I find horrifically clunky and unenjoyable and many of the mechanics to actually use in play I also find just don't feel intuitive or streamlined and last I played it they still didn't have a good mouselook feel with aim down sites sensitivity still not scaling properly so I've never bothered to complete the game.

Soldato
Decided to play Deux Ex IW after many years, and it's worse than I remember. I can tolerate it, because the story gets a bit better later on as do some parts of the game, but even with a high res textured pack it doesn't disguise the faults. I don't know if I can motivate myself to complete it again lol.

I was going to play Deux Ex 1 again with GDMX but I think I might replay HR and MD all the way through again and then DX 1 - there are so many things I loved about HR and also have forgotten that I would like to revisit.

I have both the original version and the directors cut of HR but never played the directors cut. I heard that the directors cut is worse because it has more bugs and removing the gold filter made the graphics duller/worse?

Soldato
Decided to play Deux Ex IW after many years, and it's worse than I remember. I can tolerate it, because the story gets a bit better later on as do some parts of the game, but even with a high res textured pack it doesn't disguise the faults.

I've never played IW more than an hour, it's a shame because the story looks like it could be interesting but I hate the UI and graphics and regular crashes.

Soldato
I've never played IW more than an hour, it's a shame because the story looks like it could be interesting but I hate the UI and graphics and regular crashes.

I've played through it twice, once when it was released and again in 2009. Both times were a chore but there are some strong links to the story of the first game that are worth seeing and if weren't for those then I probably would never go back to it.

I think IW could have been a really great game if they didn't downgrade the interface and dumb the game down so much.

Back
Top Bottom