Which Machine Took All Your Pocket Money?

Man of Honour
The games I spent the most time on at arcades and bars over the years...

Gauntlet
Star Wars
Operation Wolf
Smash TV
Point Blank series
Time Crisis series
House of the Dead series
The Simpsons
Metal Slug series
Terminator 2 Pinball
Addams Family Pinball - I would love to have one of these in the house... but they're now extremely expensive.

Soldato
One holiday, I spent all my spare time in the arcade on Rampage. Played it again a few months ago, but it was dead boring :D

Another holiday, there was no arcade but they had a single cabinet that basically seemed to have a NES inside it. Can't really remember what games there were, think Punch Out was one.

Associate
Space Invaders
Galaxian
Pacman
Moon Cresta
Defender

Thats the one's I remember the most. oh, and that 3d tank game (can never remember its name) which I thought was always quite difficult.

Associate
There's way too many, but almost "all my money" went into whichever game I was worst at.

First game to mug me was probably Scramble. Always stumbled when the flying aliens started in the cave section.

Other notable robberies were committed by: -
Battle Zone
Circus Charlie
Moon Patrol
Kung Fu Master
Bomb Jack

In fact I can only think of a couple of games I was any good at, i.e. last over half an hour on one credit, Slap Fight and Solomon's Key.

Anyone feeling nostalgic, I heartily recommend Arcade Club if you're in the area.

https://www.arcadeclub.co.uk/

Associate
Galaxian
Asteroids
Defender
plus one 2 player co-op wire frame vector graphics thing where you had to protect 4 triangular fuel pods from the invading hoards.

and lots of pinball

Soldato
It's amazing how many people seemingly have no idea that place exists. The place is an absolute meca, it rivals anything massive from the coast in the 80's and some more.

Not been for a few years myself, VR kind of took over getting the same kicks in the Neon Retro Arcade. Amazing place to go visit, it'll blow you away if you've any kind of history with the arcades of the 70's/80's or 90's.

Associate
Spent my 80's down Southsea Seafront arcades playing:

Double Dragon
Tron
Gauntlet
Ring King
Golden Axe

Pretty much everything that came in though :)

Back
Top Bottom