Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
Yeah it's a decent thick cover. I've done it a few times now and it seems to be ok. I kind of puff it out when it's on, to try and limit how much it's touching. However, I was more wondering if it would overheat the engine or anything?

Man of Honour
I've had my hood jeans for 4 years crashed in them a couple of times and they're still absolutely fine. Proper fully lined protection as well rather than little patches.

Soldato
First time on a NSL road yesterday on my YBR. Wouldn't think twice doing 70 in a car, but feels pretty fast/scary on a bike. Definitely feel vulnerable when you can see in the mirror cars closing in and overtaking.
The upright riding position of the YBR doesn't feel very well suited to those speeds! My plan was to be on this YBR up until the end of the year before doing my full licence, and I know I still have a lot of learning to do, but even just 2 weeks in, I'm itching on wanting a bigger bike... hmmmm.

Soldato
Ordered some proper road tyres for my 250 rally since that's what most of my riding will be - Bridgestone BT 45's.

Getting them fitted on Monday, looking forward to testing them out.

Man of Honour
First time on a NSL road yesterday on my YBR. Wouldn't think twice doing 70 in a car, but feels pretty fast/scary on a bike. Definitely feel vulnerable when you can see in the mirror cars closing in and overtaking.
The upright riding position of the YBR doesn't feel very well suited to those speeds! My plan was to be on this YBR up until the end of the year before doing my full licence, and I know I still have a lot of learning to do, but even just 2 weeks in, I'm itching on wanting a bigger bike... hmmmm.
You'll have none of those feelings on a big bike with no l plates, those conditions are where the little bikes really show their weakness.

Transmission breaker
Don
Passed my test, second time. Just scraped it. But the instructor and examiner were both actually quite complimentary about my riding, "other than a couple of apparent brain farts".

Very good feeling, now bike hunting!

Soldato
What is wrong with you? How is the bike not already found??? I bought my bike 30 seconds after examiner said yes you've passed. I even had 2 backup ones in case first one was no longer on sale ahaha

Yeah, i had mine bought five months in advance and stored away, was a good price so i didn't want to miss it.

Transmission breaker
Don
Stable is a bit full, already have a 2 cars (3 if you include the Mrs audi) 2 motorbikes and 7 push bikes.

Buying and storing another motorcycle is not easy, and especially when I currently have a 6 yard skip on the driveway!

Soon, soon :D

Man of Honour
I had an awesome track day yesterday (my second one) and we had the whole track to ourselves for the whole day. I had a great time, some close battles, and I learned a lot. I'll post the proper photo once I get it from the photographer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom