Silk duvet cover: lint attack, pilling too

Soldato
I have a silk duvet cover that used to be lovely but I woke up yesterday morning to find it uncomfortable. The surface has developed a large area of lint and has begun to pill. Washing hasn't helped and while application of sellotape has helped remove the lint, there's such a large area that I've stopped because I'm worried about its affect on the surface.

Help!

Soldato
Expensive? It cost £200 - less than a mid-range GPU - and I get a lot more use from it than my PC.

"Its not expensive because it cost the same as this other, very expensive item." :p

But, whatever blows your skirt up. Try one of those lint roller things. Probably not as adhesive as sellotape, so it will take off the lint without damaging the cover.

Or, buy cheap covers and wear silk pyjamas instead.

Soldato
I have a silk duvet cover that used to be lovely but I woke up yesterday morning to find it uncomfortable. The surface has developed a large area of lint and has begun to pill. Washing hasn't helped and while application of sellotape has helped remove the lint, there's such a large area that I've stopped because I'm worried about its affect on the surface.

Help!

Use a diaposable razor and just carefully shave it off. You can buy proper removers but they are usually pants.

Are you washing your sheets within a fabric bag or pillowcase? If tumbling again using either? If you have a laundry service, make sure they are doing the same.

Caporegime
Silk pills less than other fabrics, so this shouldn't be happening unless you only have one silk duvet and you're overusing it.

If you want to go silk, you need a few of them so you can rotate and reduce wear.

Bit skeptical of this, I mean I have more than one set as it is more convenient when swapping them over, but I’m not sure why it should make them last any longer overall if you were to buy say 1 at a time vs rotating. Like surely buying two and rotating should last as long as buying one then replacing once worn with a second.

Caporegime
I only have the one.

Oof.

Bit skeptical of this, I mean I have more than one set as it is more convenient when swapping them over, but I’m not sure why it should make them last any longer overall if you were to buy say 1 at a time vs rotating. Like surely buying two and rotating should last as long as buying one then replacing once worn with a second.

Sure, it will last longer no matter what you rotate it with. My point is not to overuse it.

Back
Top Bottom