SFF/ITX Case recommendation please (yes, another one)

Caporegime
Hi all,

I don't think I have ever posted in this sub forum. So be gentle :p

Looking to do a build around Aug/Sept time and go full Team Red. First time ever. Currently deciding on a case.

In short, the Louqe Ghost S1 is absolutely perfect for what I would want. Small, compact, high quality and subtle. Most people would think its a NAS until a closer glance...apart from the price. With a top hat kit you're talking about €370 which frankly is just too much for a case.

So I am looking at alternatives. So far what has caught my eye the most is a Fractal Design Nano S. With this I could even put the machine under water if I saw fit. The build quality looks good. It's not as small as I would like (but it does allow for full WC so, trade off) But I like the plain and simple design from an external point of view. The price is also great at currently €75 - being 3 years old, maybe its due to be replaced sometime soon but hey, I am not worried about this.

Before I go ahead and buy, can anyone else recommend anything else for me to check out? WC is not essential. My top wants are

- High Build Quality
- Subtle exterior looks.
- Window is not necessary. If I go for the Nano S I am even tempted to go without a windowed panel.
- SFF/ITX size

Anyone have any suggestions? :)

Thank you
Jake

Caporegime
OP
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I have found an utter bargain of a Fractal Design Define Nano S locally here in Lisbon so I am going to pick it up tonight :) - can't say no.

Also I am just going to have to put a full WC kit in there. It would be rude not to :)

Caporegime
OP
Nano S picked up last night :)

JLE12796.jpg

JLE12807.jpg

Soldato
they are beautiful no doubt, but heard the temps arent so great?

Temps are manageable but not great, my HTPC is in one under water and even then, can shave off 10 degrees off the by just popping off the front cover to the case. Without popping off the front panel, can remove the fine dust filters on the edges which pop out easy which drops things a couple of degrees, In a revision should make the panels protrude slightly more and have thicker vents on it IMO. Top mesh could also be opened up slightly more.

Back
Top Bottom