Realtek HD audio not working

Associate
Hi

Looking for help with the above, for some reason HD Audio have code 10 and no sounds via rear output only works via Nvidia HDMI, tried reinstalling drivers ect. nothing is working, cleared everything DDU is well, motherboard Asus H310 tuf, not sure what happen just out of blue stooped working.

Any suggestion welcome

Thanks

Soldato
Hi

Looking for help with the above, for some reason HD Audio have code 10 and no sounds via rear output only works via Nvidia HDMI, tried reinstalling drivers ect. nothing is working, cleared everything DDU is well, motherboard Asus H310 tuf, not sure what happen just out of blue stooped working.

Any suggestion welcome

Thanks

As I remember this also was an issue for my own system quite some time ago ( about 5 years ) so I just got myself a cheap sound card at the time ....and have never looked back .

Associate
OP
As I remember this also was an issue for my own system quite some time ago ( about 5 years ) so I just got myself a cheap sound card at the time ....and have never looked back .
hmm this sounds like driver issue to me been honest, I would prefer to stay away from adding sound card at this moment

Soldato
After quick new install of windows still the same so looks like hardware problem?
Have you you downloaded latest chipset/audio drivers direct etc from Asus etc..

But also have you made sure of the following:

Check the box for 'Disable Front Panel Jack Detection' - it's in the top right folder icon located within Realtek Audio Manager. This will effect both front and rear jacks.

Associate
OP
Have you you downloaded latest chipset/audio drivers direct etc from Asus etc..

But also have you made sure of the following:

Check the box for 'Disable Front Panel Jack Detection' - it's in the top right folder icon located within Realtek Audio Manager. This will effect both front and rear jacks.

Audio manager no longer there, latest driver direct from asus, bios updated is well, never had this before in my life, when you go in to device manager/ sounds/ only Nvdia HD audio showing up, when I look down the list under system devices I have 2 x High definition Audio controller and on one of them had error 10 (device can not start)

Associate
OP
Also notice PC won't fully shut down, when you click shut down screen goes blank ect. but light and fans still spins, not sure if this have anything to do with this, only way to fully shut down PC is holding power button

Soldato
Also notice PC won't fully shut down, when you click shut down screen goes blank ect. but light and fans still spins, not sure if this have anything to do with this, only way to fully shut down PC is holding power button
Is this a new problem? - as it could be related to Windows 10 trying to get its updates as you've just reinstalled.

Associate
OP
Is this a new problem? - as it could be related to Windows 10 trying to get its updates as you've just reinstalled.

well it could be down to update as it suddently stoped working after restart, but now I reinstalled windows, new drivers ect. what that hell has happened :mad:, few issues from not shutting down to chrome won't open but other browsers are fine, no sound from rear only via HDMI

Soldato
well it could be down to update as it suddently stoped working after restart, but now I reinstalled windows, new drivers ect. what that hell has happened :mad:, few issues from not shutting down to chrome won't open but other browsers are fine, no sound from rear only via HDMI
How do you install Windows?

Ideally, disable internet, only allow critical updates (gag Cortanta and block MS from looking at your data etc) and once installed update the chipset/motherboard drivers and GPU from manufactures website straight away (ideally saved on USB/secondary drive). Enable internet...

This stops Windows 10 trying to **** you over with its misguided 'good' intentions.

Associate
OP
ok will reinstall windows again, just to be sure when looking at drivers on asus website, should just need Lan/chipset/audio?

Soldato
ok will reinstall windows again, just to be sure when looking at drivers on asus website, should just need Lan/chipset/audio?
That's all i would download - i never install any bloatware/utiliities that can be done via BIOS.

I would also clear partitions and quick format - and detach any other drives - Windows like to share...

Associate
OP
Ok new install on way windows 10 1809, will report shortly, I done hundreds if not more windows installs and never had any problems before, will see what happens

Soldato
What’s the different from wqhl driver and just simple driver download as ASUS gives couple options
As long as the driver isn't beta - i wouldn't worry about it. But it means that that particular driver has been deemed fit to be endorsed with the WQHL standard by Microsoft - in that it meets the standards to work within the Window OS.

You'll notice them a lot on Nvidia GPU driver downloads.

Associate
OP
Just finished install no driver updated yet took a screen pic and you can see High definition audio controller have mark under system devices, I hope you can see it

Back
Top Bottom