Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'm about to take the plunge and buy a DA. I'm probably going to get the DAS-6 PRO Plus from CleanYourCar.co.uk, but I'm unsure of which kit to go for. Can anyone make any recommendations from personal experience of the different polishes and pads please?

Caporegime
I'm about to take the plunge and buy a DA. I'm probably going to get the DAS-6 PRO Plus from CleanYourCar.co.uk, but I'm unsure of which kit to go for. Can anyone make any recommendations from personal experience of the different polishes and pads please?

Start with this

https://www.autopia.org/forums/pain...d-9-2015-autopia-polish-comparison-chart.html

It'll explain the grade of cut or fill each one does. Then cater it to your needs with the pads that matches.

Soldato
In relation to my recent posts I have made some progress in my road to Snow Foam.. I've picked up a Karcher K2 - Full Control for £89.

Now I just need to buy a lance which is either wait for delivery or to be inpatient and pick one up from Euro Car Parts tomorrow for a few quid more :rolleyes:

Soldato
Order the Autobrite snow foam lance. I went down the route of a cheap ebay one first and it didn't last very long.

3 years on my £12 eBay special and its still working perfectly. Used at least every 2 weeks, if not multiple times. Nothing wrong with eBay lances, just need maintenance like any other lance. Running it with water only after for a few seconds to clean the filter is all it takes.

Well, I did some late night shopping last night and ended up buying the DAS-6 PRO Plus Menzerna complete kit, plus the Menzerna panel wipe stuff and a bunch of microfibre cloths. Will see how I get on!

Menzerna make some excellent compounds and polishes, I'm sure it will be perfectly fine. I've actually wanted to get some of them so do let us know what you think of the included options.

Associate
First crack at polishing today, bearing in mind the car is 15 years old and on original paint all round there's a fair few stone chips, so honestly I wasn't looking for perfection.

Went for a single stage polish with Sonax 04-06, found it to be fantastic stuff with good cut and very good finish from a single stage, couple of passes per panel.

Opinions on the results? I know I could have done 2 stage and get better, but I'm pretty damn happy with the shine, the deep black slick colour and the swirls are all gone.

Snow foam, wash, iron and tar removers, clay, wash, machine polish and then CarPro cquartz followed by reload

image post

Soldato
Order the Autobrite snow foam lance. I went down the route of a cheap ebay one first and it didn't last very long.

I originally wanted the Autobrite Lance but I wanted to have a go this weekend therefore managed to pick one up from my local Euro Car Parts.

The following companies sell the identical lance with their branding all over it...

- Auto Fineese
- Adam's Polishes
- Pro Kleen

Overall - Really happy with it! Everything worked as it should resulting in plenty of thick foam. (I have cleaned two cars today and already want to use it again :D)

Last edited:
Sgarrista
Commissario
Ran a little experiment today adding a foam stabilizer + surficant into some bilt hamber auto foam.

Think I may have just created the best foam in the market :p:p:p

Kid you not, the stuff stuck like magifoam, and after 10 minutes of dwelling it was legitimately the closest thing to a touchless wash ive ever seen. Only the absolute dirtiest sections of the car had anything visible after, but we are talking visible at 30-50 cm distance, anything 1meter or further looked clean!!

Associate
Ran a little experiment today adding a foam stabilizer + surficant into some bilt hamber auto foam.

Think I may have just created the best foam in the market :p:p:p

Kid you not, the stuff stuck like magifoam, and after 10 minutes of dwelling it was legitimately the closest thing to a touchless wash ive ever seen. Only the absolute dirtiest sections of the car had anything visible after, but we are talking visible at 30-50 cm distance, anything 1meter or further looked clean!!

I've always found the auto foam to be fantastic in its regular form and barely requires any washing after, read that the science behind it being quite fluid is that it runs off and takes the dirt with it, unsure what negating that design really does?

Of course I could be wrong, suppose all that matters is you're happy with the results!

Permabanned
Not sure when I'll get round to polishing the car (hopefully not too long) but I'll try to get some before & after pics and what combos I used

Got a DAS6 Pro with 4 menzerna compound/polish bottles. Just had a look and they have changed the bottle type. Mine have a scale for the compound bottles.

I 2500/3000 wet sanded my car last week and used 2 compound stages and a polish using ghd menzerna. It got 100% of the sanding marks out and swirls.

Best car purchase I have every bought.

Sgarrista
Commissario
read that the science marketing behind it being quite fluid is that it runs off and takes the dirt with it, unsure what negating that design really does?

Fixed that for you.

BH foam is strong, and has some incredible surficants and detergents in there, but at the end of the day any foam still needs time to soak into the dirt so those surficants can actually do their job, and by it running off so quick, yes it will take the loosest and easiest stuff with it (and a lot of it!), but anything heavier it wont touch because it simply doesnt last long enough to get in there.

I wanted to see if by adding a foam stabilizer and giving it a longer dwell if it would do the job better. Uploading a couple of vids now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom