Ford Focus 2010 Titanium part required

Soldato
It's finally happened again - wife went out to garden center and when parking she went to far and front bumper/undertray bit rode over the high kerb - As she reversed off a few bits of plastic came off also.

What has broken is the plastic shield directly behind the base of the front bumper - Looking at it it is not a small part but looking at all the google pictures I can't seem to identify it - some say under bumper crash absorber but it looks nothing like I think it should.

Can anyone identify this plastic panel for me please or point me to a body diagram showing all panels.

Fortunately I have been able to cable strap all lose flappy bits and it should be OK for a while - just means water can slash up over engine tray and everything else.
If only I could afford a cheap car just for her.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Is this even worth fixing on a 2010 Focus? I'd just rip off any remaining undertray and forget about it?

Soldato
OP
Is this even worth fixing on a 2010 Focus? I'd just rip off any remaining undertray and forget about it?

That thought had occured to me :)

tl45
It could very well be that is damaged but I have other bits from it that look like those three smaller bits in front of it.

My wife is a old woman that normally drives carefully but occasionally has a senior moment - I don't think she has ever been competent. - I just with I could have married VBH then I would never have worried when she went out.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Did that on my XJ6 after running over a tree stump embedded in some loose grass: never bothered replacing it and it didn't seem to affect it at all.
Probably affected the aerodynamics by a tiny fraction, but yeah, just rip it off rather than worrying about this.

Associate
As said wouldn't worry about it, cars never used to have the undertrays and they were fine. I have noticed a few people when parked up face in to the kerb have the bottom of the bumper touching it. I am sure newer cars are getting lower as one of the managers where I work reversed into a space at work and when he drove off the entire bumper of his A4 was ripped off.

Back
Top Bottom