World of Warcraft: Classic

Soldato
I agree. You know you are playing a hardcore (broken?) game when the devs have to come rescue your guild because 30 naked players still cannot retrieve their gear after 6-8 hours of trying - opening few nights of PoF :D
God damm, I still have nightmares about people pulling the entire first floor of hate from the slopes below. Having 30 odd things mezzed at a time was awesome fun :D WoW was easy compared to Rathe council!

Hard pass on this classic server from me, vanilla encounters just arent a challenge compared to stuff now, just a grind fest for flasks/potions, done server firsts on everything upto four horsemen in vanilla and it wasnt that fun the first time around.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm REALLY torn on what to play when it's released...

I'm torn between hunter for ease of leveling and end game ZG bat for PvP fun against casters, rogue for sheer fun and ganking, mage for decent upkeep whilst leveling and easy mob grinding late game or warrior for easy dungeon groups, easy leveling and sheer damage.

Soldato
I'd love there to be a OCUK guild. Definitely don't have the time for hardcore though. Casual raiding (IE, probably wouldn't have time for Naxx progression).

I'm planning DPS warrior (but tanking dungeons and OT when needed), got a buddy rolling priest.

Man of Honour
I'm looking forward to WoW Classic, but for me one of the reasons it will fade out a bit is that the element of mystery is gone. Everyone knows everything about the game already.

Soldato
I'm looking forward to WoW Classic, but for me one of the reasons it will fade out a bit is that the element of mystery is gone. Everyone knows everything about the game already.

You absolutely could be right there. However, I still remember 2004, sat at my desk at uni, 6 cans of beer, spring evening, nothing to worry about and that first opening moment at northshire abbey ready to begin my journey.

I still have that same retribution paladin to this day - those memories however short of distant will stay with me.

Wow was truly ground breaking and discovering the game, the community and the world was so special whilst it lasted

Man of Honour
You absolutely could be right there. However, I still remember 2004, sat at my desk at uni, 6 cans of beer, spring evening, nothing to worry about and that first opening moment at northshire abbey ready to begin my journey.

I still have that same retribution paladin to this day - those memories however short of distant will stay with me.

Wow was truly ground breaking and discovering the game, the community and the world was so special whilst it lasted

Totally agree. By far the greatest game ever made, the communities were the backbone of it though, I hope they'll be as good again, times have changed now.

Soldato
I'm REALLY torn on what to play when it's released...

I'm torn between hunter for ease of leveling and end game ZG bat for PvP fun against casters, rogue for sheer fun and ganking, mage for decent upkeep whilst leveling and easy mob grinding late game or warrior for easy dungeon groups, easy leveling and sheer damage.

I face a similar dilemma; played a mage in vanilla and I'm now torn between a mage again (might get boring quick), warlock (might make me miss my mage), rogue (might be too popular) and priest (will it get boring?).

One thing for certain is that I'm definitely rolling alliance and starting in elywnn forest. If only just for nostaliga :D

Like others, I originally played in a top EU guild but between a job, girlfriend, friends and just general life stuff, I won't be able to commit the time required to push for firsts. Definitely keen on casual MC/BWL/AQ/Naxx and PvP progression though.

Caporegime
Totally agree. By far the greatest game ever made, the communities were the backbone of it though, I hope they'll be as good again, times have changed now.

Before cross server was bliss. IRC community chat was epic. Being given rival guilds ventrillo details was even more epic. People always ask me who are all these random Norwegian and Swedish friends I have on Facebook and they were all from Wow.

Epic moment from the early days of my server was 8 40 man raids going to ogrimar to kill thrall just because we could. It took weeks to organise between the guilds. I think 3 people had epic mounts at the time and even having a normal mount you were king. We crashed the server at the gates of ogrimar as it just couldn't cope.

Soldato
OP
I face a similar dilemma; played a mage in vanilla and I'm now torn between a mage again (might get boring quick), warlock (might make me miss my mage), rogue (might be too popular) and priest (will it get boring?).

One thing for certain is that I'm definitely rolling alliance and starting in elywnn forest. If only just for nostaliga :D

Like others, I originally played in a top EU guild but between a job, girlfriend, friends and just general life stuff, I won't be able to commit the time required to push for firsts. Definitely keen on casual MC/BWL/AQ/Naxx and PvP progression though.

I actually booted up the private client to Lights Hope last night, going to level each of my chosen classes to 20, I started the warrior last night. It's VERY easy leveling, but very boring thus far.

Soldato
So what classes are you all going for? I've played a lot of different ones on Kronos, still enjoy hunter and mage I played in Vanilla. Warrior does get a bit boring levelling, not sure I'm a stealth player. May go priest as I really enjoyed that surprisingly.

Associate
Im really torn between a dwarf priest which i played classic or a Paladin which i got to level 59 before TBC came out then mained through that expansion and loved. Definately going to be a healer though of some sort. I have 2 kids now and a job so levelling will be a long winded process but hoping to get some raiding in, casual of course.

Caporegime
PVP I had a rank 13 hunter with Ashjrethul, mixture of Tier 3 and Field Marshal gear. I had over 6k HP 33% crit and one shot noob clothies. Also my alt was a Warrior with Zulgurub Sword which was amazing fun in BG's. Need to see what blizzard do though as hunters have changed so much it depends how blizzard does talent trees and skills. If it is patch 1.12 it would be burning crusade revamp where hunters had arcane shot based on attack power which was just OP!

Soldato
So will this be classic classic or classic light for new players?

As a classic player I must admit I would he more attracted to a classic light approach as being older with kids I could not commit the time to play and fully enjoy a classic classic approach.

Fair play to them if they go full classic mind, but I think they would struggle to hold onto a base as after the initial nostalgia us older players whose lives have moved on would struggle to commit enough to get good gear, as lets face it classic was all about the time you put in and I know how that felt as a Grand Marshal fully kitted and Justicar :p

Granted, levelling in the base game (before expansions) was a grind, but it depended on how you played it. I played constantly with 4 friends which was the right set-up for dungeons and we managed 1-60 in approx. 4 months. My 1-60 was 27.Dec.2005 to 1.May.2006. This was while working full time (42-hour week) and going out pubbing/clubbing twice a week. Then my group became a social guild which expanded quickly. In June, we were helping each other to get attuned to the raids and then that basically gave us half a year to raid before the expansion came out. We learnt all of the fights and cleared everything up to (and including) BWL and had these all on farm. I maintained the same lifestyle as before, and hell, I even got onto the property ladder as we downed Raggy :D We would also go on to do AQ40 but then Christmas arrived when we were about halfway in and so the clock stopped. This meant that the only raid we never saw was Naxx. Good times. Loved the memes e.g. Chuck Norris jokes, Leeroy Jenkins, the silly ASCII art in the chat, kek / lol etc, and ofc there was that South Park episode on Warcraft :)

Soldato
If I was to dip in again I'd be torn on class.

I played a shadow priest and absolutely ripped PvP apart. I'd probably mix it up though.

Warrior is nice for the choice of tanking and easy dungeons and late game PvP strength / anti rogue. Rogue is great fun though and strong in PvP and has some nice solo / stealth ability that other classes just can't do.

Associate
Are loot tables the same as vanilla? Remember so many things being removed through the years. I had a Priest who had a white robe can't remember the name of it wasn't even a blue I think. Never saw a white robe in game since unless I'm mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom