OcUK Dadsnet thread

Soldato
I don’t know why you have a hard time getting this. You seem quite confrontational with your views? You had an easy time and your friends had a great time...cool.

Anyway had our first baby on Monday - been in the hospital since then as she’s jaundice so she’s getting double UV treatment. Quite stressful but getting there.
Hmmmm

After reading back I can see where you are going with that. I shall bow out for now
Hmmmm

After reading back I can see where you are going with that. I shall bow out for now

Associate
Anyway had our first baby on Monday - been in the hospital since then as she’s jaundice so she’s getting double UV treatment. Quite stressful but getting there.

Know your pain ours was 5 weeks prem, so in Special care baby unit for 2 weeks. I spent the time reading and getting tips from the staff. They might even do a CPR and Chocking exercises with you before discharge (which are scary but it's great knowledge).

Wishing your family all the best, hopefully you will all be home soon :)

Permabanned
What views are they? I was just offering the other side to new dad's in that it is not always as hard as others make it out to be. If that is a contraversial view then so be it.

Perhaps my point was clouded when I got into discussion with the other chap which I acknowledged that in my last post.

Last edited:
Soldato
What views are they? I was just offering the other side to new dad's in that it is not always as hard as others make it out to be. If that is a contraversial view then so be it.

Perhaps my point was clouded when I got into discussion with the other chap which I acknowledged that in my last post.

It's all good. Parenting is tough. It's not just about the child and how easy or hard they are, but also the parent and how they handle situations. We're all different, but one thing for sure, if some one needs help/support there is nothing more fulfilling than helping them in times of need. Never judge.

Soldato
OP
I think we can move on from that discussion now gents.

Congrats @Robert on the new arrival. I think every parent gets some level of panic situation from the start. I think the saying that it's like having your heart outside your body is fairly accurate!

Soldato
In this photo the lad on the left is 15months, my boy is 7months. Lanky bean! Looking at it, I can't help but mime "are you laughing at my slippers you ******?" as he's about to swing him a left hook :D

UwPqUvD.jpg

Soldato
For those of you with older kids, what kind of clubs do you take them too? My 5 year old daughter does swimming once a week, but chatting to another mum from her class, she takes her daughter to 4 things a week which I thought was a lot (and difficult with having a second child and working late).

Soldato
Don
For those of you with older kids, what kind of clubs do you take them too? My 5 year old daughter does swimming once a week, but chatting to another mum from her class, she takes her daughter to 4 things a week which I thought was a lot (and difficult with having a second child and working late).

It's going to vary by age and schedule and what the clubs are. Kid in school yet?

My 7 year old does Beavers and swimming each week. He used to do more, but family time and homework both suffered for it.

IMO, a couple of clubs is ideal :)

Soldato
It's going to vary by age and schedule and what the clubs are. Kid in school yet?

My 7 year old does Beavers and swimming each week. He used to do more, but family time and homework both suffered for it.

IMO, a couple of clubs is ideal :)
She started last September. Tbh I think she'd like rainbows however I'm not sure she'll go without one of us.

Soldato
I thought I was an amazing parent until my second one came along and I realised that I was just lucky with the temperament of the first one.
In my experience the second child required almost 3 times the work. When you have two it's like having to input 3 times the time of having one as you don't get any down time

Back
Top Bottom