Looking to swap to dual monitor set up, advice needed please.

Associate
Hi All,

I'm looking to upgrade to a dual monitor set up. I currently.have an AOC 1440p 75mz 32" screen and was hoping I in could get some suggestions.

I dont want to reduce the resolution and would like to increase the to144hz if possible.

I was thinking 24" or 27"??

I also have some credit with Very that I would like to use but I appreciate that narrows my choices somewhat.

They currently have
Acer Predator XB271HUAbmiprz 27in Gaming Monitor for £399.

Would 2 of those be better than what I have??

This is my current monitor

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoc-...reesync-widescreen-led-monitor-mo-04g-ao.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
Im thinking of going for 2 of these:

** Do not link to competitors **

They are the same resolution as my current monitor but 144hz

Running them in a dual set up config for gaming will I notice a resolution drop, these are 27" where my current is 32"?

Im liking the idea of curved for a dual monitor set up, what are your thoughts on curved for dual set up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Running games across two monitors is a bad idea. You get a big black bar in the middle of your viewing area. For that you should get a 32:9 monitor like the Samsung CRG90 (though I'd wait for reviews). Two monitors is a much better idea for productivity. You will, for instance, find forums like this one much easier to use on a portrait-mode monitor. Likewise writing in Word et al.

Associate
OP
Running games across two monitors is a bad idea. You get a big black bar in the middle of your viewing area. For that you should get a 32:9 monitor like the Samsung CRG90 (though I'd wait for reviews). Two monitors is a much better idea for productivity. You will, for instance, find forums like this one much easier to use on a portrait-mode monitor. Likewise writing in Word et al.

Thank you for the reply and if I'm honest I did have reservations regarding were the bezels meet in the middle.

Would I be better of with just a larger wide curved screen?

Soldato
The 34" 3440x1440 21:9 monitors are very nice - I have one. But different monitors are better for different games. And I have a 27" 120 Hz 4K monitor.

Associate
Exactly my past experience. Went dual, but unless you need 2 screens showing independent content, as for specific tasks, overall I won't go for it.
A Ultra Wide or even a bigger monitor with a higher resolution would allow somehow gains on productivity and would be more natural for casual using such as movies and games.

Associate
OP
Cheers chaps, I was looking at a 34" Ultrawide today that looks nice. Same res as my current monitor but 144hz.

The misses wants me to get a dual set up because it would be good for work, my little boy using the rig the most for gamjng though.

Thanks again.

Associate
Cheers chaps, I was looking at a 34" Ultrawide today that looks nice. Same res as my current monitor but 144hz.

The misses wants me to get a dual set up because it would be good for work, my little boy using the rig the most for gamjng though.

Thanks again.

I've recently stopped using dual monitors for work as it was causing me back ache. You're basically always in the wrong position for at least one of them, so if you're at your computer all day it can cause issues.

Back
Top Bottom