Alabama outlaws abortion . . .

Permabanned
Abortion is an easy choice for people then is it?
You attributed that quote to me but it wasn't me who said it.

Literally the most biased choice you could have posted.

Why should you have power over a woman’s body? You’re consigning them to makeshift abortions again.
Yeah it's a biased source, but it's just a good website, useful data, mostly from CDC anyway, to give people an idea of what actually happens before they post random bs.

IDK about having power over someone else's body. But the argument against is having the power to kill someone else's child.

Permabanned
Yeah altho a lot of them did use birth control, it just didn't work.

Heaven forbid people could just not have sex so much with people they aren't prepared to raise the resulting children with.

Caporegime
So they have now voted a law in which means if a woman gets raped and gets pregnant and chooses to have an abortion she will go to jail for longer than the rapist will. Yep, thats America for....****** up!

Permabanned
I read the figures, but what are you telling me?
Doesn't alter my mindset, there are far too many humans on the planet, why should we be trying to protect those who are not wanted?
just figures, not trying to make you think either way.
more trying to avoid people posting whilst having zero clue what the figures are.

Associate
Abortions shouldn't be necessary in a modern society (medical complications aside), birth control is effectively free, all it shows is a lack of responsibility from all parties involved. I think over a million abortions are performed a year in the US? An absolute tiny proportion of those would be from incest/rape. There is definitely a moral arguement to be had against the procedure being used, you are essentially killing a life, unless you're prepared to define what stage in a babys development it isnt a life.

The rape/incest angle is always argued in cases of abortion, it's a fallacy to use this absolute minority of cases and apply it all abortions performed.

There is a case for both sides of this and it's a complicated issue, with how easy this is to avoid via birth control its ultimately a failure on the part of the parents.
For a country that uses the death penalty to execute prisoners, "killing a life" seems to be completely normal.

It is complicated, but ultimately it boils down to a bunch of predominantly privileged male Christians telling women what they can do with their bodies.

Edit: just seen this on Facebook, thought it was particularly relevant:
https://www.un.org/en/genocideprevention/crimes-against-humanity.shtml

Article 7
Crimes Against Humanity

1. For the purpose of this Statute, ‘crime against humanity’ means any of the following acts when committed as part of a widespread or systematic attack directed against any civilian population, with knowledge of the attack:
    1. Murder;
    2. Extermination;
    3. Enslavement;
    4. Deportation or forcible transfer of population;
    5. Imprisonment or other severe deprivation of physical liberty in violation of fundamental rules of international law;
    6. Torture;
    7. Rape, sexual slavery, enforced prostitution, forced pregnancy, enforced sterilization, or any other form of sexual violence of comparable gravity;
Nice to see the U.S. is committed to ensuring crimes against humanity are enforced.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom