Would you give recommendation for Game One?

Associate
Hi, Greetings from Turkey! My English is a little bad. I bought a game one(50ohm) a few days ago. My motherboard Prime Z370-A. The sound level in games is very low. But it's enough to listen to music and watch movies. Then I bought the gsx 1000. It was no different from my motherboard. The sound fell again. I returned. Do you have a dac or sound card that you can suggest? I'm confused as I investigate. Good Days.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have to wonder what Asus is now screwing up...
At this rate those can't soon work even with 32 ohm headphones.

Though that grossly overpriced gaming hype trinket Sennheiser GSX doesn't have any better hardware than Realtek chips.
It uses very low end sound chip meant for cheap phones/tablets and lacks both proper quality DAC and headphone amp.

Anyway cheaper than GSX Sound BlasterX G6 would have good DAC and headphone output.
That would likely drive those headphones to hearing damage in minutes level.
Really any properly done sound card should easily drive Game One to really loud volume.

Soldato
I can return the headset and get this set.
Unlike lipstick in a overpriced pig GSX, Game One is one of the best headsets if you need that microphone. (and don't have noisy environment)
Bass isn't that strong but details are very good.
Only headphones like AKG K701/K702 or Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 would be better for details.
And with ModMic price of those starts rising.

Except being somehow faulty one only thing which could cause low volume in Game One is its volume control.
Which anyway shouldn't be used to lower volume much, because it's serial resistor based and decreases electric damping factor.

Associate
OP
I returned Game One.

Audio-Technica ATHAD700X
Sound BlasterX G6
Antlion Ses ModMic 4

I'm thinking of buying these 3 products. I think it's one of the best choices.

DYLZVz.png

@EsaT
I can get a recommendation for the microphone. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Audio-Technica ATHAD700X (I think this is a different model O.o)
Sound BlasterX G6 Hi-Res
Antlion Audio ModMic 5

I'm thinking of buying these 3 products. I think it's one of the best choices.
X-is updated model.
It should have little more neutral bass.
Original AD700 was basically "Bass? Isn't that fish?" level can with as much bass as in tin can.
Which is great for distinguishing details like foot steps etc in games... but sucks for general gaming immersion.
(strong above neutral bass is always compromise with details)

AKG K701/K702 have neutral bass, which actually reaches respectably low if you listen for it.
Though still average for "fun factor"/general gaming immersion compared to Beyerdynamic DT990.
(have AKG K702, K712, Beyer DT990 and retired tape keeping pieces from falling HGD595 Sennheiser)

In AKGs are lot cheaper than Audio-Technicas in Europe, so you could likely get them for less.
K702 can be found for under 110€ nowadays.

In Finnish PC forum have gotten confirmation of ModMic 5 working well with SBX G6.
Except that in some multiplayer games without normalization others complain about sound being too loud and clear compared to potato microphones of some.:p
(just attached to Beyerdynamic DT990... and combination beating previous Sennheiser PC373D)

Associate
OP
X-is updated model.
It should have little more neutral bass.
Original AD700 was basically "Bass? Isn't that fish?" level can with as much bass as in tin can.
Which is great for distinguishing details like foot steps etc in games... but sucks for general gaming immersion.
(strong above neutral bass is always compromise with details)

AKG K701/K702 have neutral bass, which actually reaches respectably low if you listen for it.
Though still average for "fun factor"/general gaming immersion compared to Beyerdynamic DT990.
(have AKG K702, K712, Beyer DT990 and retired tape keeping pieces from falling HGD595 Sennheiser)

In AKGs are lot cheaper than Audio-Technicas in Europe, so you could likely get them for less.
K702 can be found for under 110€ nowadays.

In Finnish PC forum have gotten confirmation of ModMic 5 working well with SBX G6.
Except that in some multiplayer games without normalization others complain about sound being too loud and clear compared to potato microphones of some.:p
(just attached to Beyerdynamic DT990... and combination beating previous Sennheiser PC373D)

Akg 702 ve AD700x same price for me.

Back
Top Bottom