Original Starwars Fans - Your thoughts on this ?

Soldato
Too many lens flares, camera angles and jump cuts that don't match the original directional style. Tone it down a notch or two and it would be really excellent.

Man of Honour
Too many lens flares, camera angles and jump cuts that don't match the original directional style. Tone it down a notch or two and it would be really excellent.

Some of that (not so much the lens flare) is probably due to the limits of what they are working with. Does kind of miss the point but at the same time I think the more aggressive Vader, etc. really works well.

Still better than The Last Jedi.

Soldato
1st time Ive seen it and its REALLY well done and really enjoyable..... apart from the 2 seconds or so of OB1 that is blatantly not Sir Alec Guinness (and to be fair I thought that 2 seconds was un necessary)

Otherwise totally brilliant

Soldato
Makes me realise how terrible the bombastic overdone style of modern blockbusters compared to the relatively minimalist style of old.

I have a pet hate of flashback voiceovers....it's like clippy.

Hey, it looks like you're a moron! Would you like an audio cue to hammer home a glaringly obvious plot point? Because either you have the attention span of a lobotomised goldfish, or I'm a dreadful storyteller....

Soldato
It's now broke

It is now that we have movies before and after showing how massively more powerful jedi/sith is from the original trilogy.

It we ignore them, its fine but other wise it is a little broke.

well, you could argue that its not the original trilogy that's broken, its (mostly) everything else since then.

Back
Top Bottom