Help setting up pinhole on virgin hub3

Soldato
Set up Pi-Hole as per the usual instructions. The complication is that the SuperHub won't let you set custom DNS servers. You could either manually set the IP address of your Pi-Hole as the DNS server on your clients or I think you can disable the DHCP server in the SuperHub. Pi-Hole has a DHCP server included so disable the DHCP server on the SH and use the Pi-Hole DHCP server instead.

Associate
OP
Set up Pi-Hole as per the usual instructions. The complication is that the SuperHub won't let you set custom DNS servers. You could either manually set the IP address of your Pi-Hole as the DNS server on your clients or I think you can disable the DHCP server in the SuperHub. Pi-Hole has a DHCP server included so disable the DHCP server on the SH and use the Pi-Hole DHCP server instead.
Thanks that was simple turned DHCP off on the hub and on in pihole and a few off my devices already listed as connected,phone remote hub and pc. so i usually turn pi off as i have just bought it but will leave it on for the moment forget about it for a day and then have a look befrore i do anything else on the pi.

Soldato
If you can, I'd suggest not doing anything else with that Pi and dedicating it to Pi-Hole and DHCP. That'll minimise the chances that a change to the Pi will cause problems on your network.

Back
Top Bottom