Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
Game-of-Thrones-Final-Season.png

Soldato
If you think about it, the Unsullied did pretty well for themselves...turned up, did some fighting, massacred loads of unarmed soldiers, women and children and then get to sail off into the sunset. Not a bad days work really :)

Greyworm has ****** them all over though, they're all going to die if they stay in Naath long enough :D

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Butterfly_fever

The so-called butterfly fever is a disease native to the isle of Naath. It is believed to be transmitted by the local butterflies, particularly a large black-and-white variety with wings as big as a man's hand, according to Archmaester Ebrose. Even though the Naathi themselves are immune to this sickness, all outsiders who remain too long on Naath fall prey to it

Soldato
Also how do they know that Jon went all stabby on dany?

Last we saw was her being flown off into the distance, snack for Drogon?

It's Jon.

He probably handed himself over.

Kind of funny in some ways. Had Arya done the deed instead, the ending would have been completely different. Whether he liked it or not, Jon would have been crowned King.

Caporegime
Bran: "that's why I came all this way"
Also Bran a few minutes later: "I don't want to be king"

Tyrion: "I think you should all choose Bran to be King"
Also Tyrion few minutes later: "I can't be hand of the king. Don't listen to me , I keep making mistakes and giving terrible advice"

Written by morons..

Soldato
Also how do they know that Jon went all stabby on dany?

Last we saw was her being flown off into the distance, snack for Drogon?

How did Tyrion manage to find Cersei and Jaime straight away buried under rubble? How did Danny even know that he helped Jaime escape? How did Bronn out of all people become master of the coin for all 6 kingdoms?

You just gloss over the details this season basically :D

Bran: "that's why I came all this way"
Also Bran a few minutes later: "I don't want to be king"

Tyrion: "I think you should all choose Bran to be King"

Also Tyrion few minutes later: "I can't be hand of the king. Don't listen to me , I keep making mistakes and giving terrible advice"

Written by morons..

Dialogue in general was cringe, I literally laughed.

Soldato
As usual, lots of lovely touches and scenes, but D&D were really really clunking their way through the gearbox to get themsleves up to escape velocity ASAP. But I've got so used to feeling the plot lurch, I could almost ignore it. Shame though, could have been so much better; but after the rest of season 8 I can accept this ending.

Oscar for most memorable image, perhaps of the entire series: the one where Dany's coming up to do the Nuremberg rally speech and Drogon takes off behind her.
Oscar for making me blub like a hormonal teenager: Brienne filling in Jaime's entry. I wept almost as much as she did after he filled in hers.
Oscar for worst scene cut in season 8: Jon killing Dany to the gathering of big wigs. Pardon, did I miss something?
Oscar for best parachuting into a scene: Bronn as Master of Coin, managing to beat even Arya's drop on... what's his face, you remember... bit part character in one of the other episodes... I forget his name now. Nitestalker? Nighty Knight? It'll come to me eventually.
Oscar for toughest bit of stone in Westeros: the bit the Throne was stood on. Maybe Drogon had been watching Gendry at work though, and previous scenes have established a remarkable range in dragon fire from gas mark 1 all the way through to gas mark 14 trillion.
Oscar for best tease: The writers getting a genuine credit for leading us up the Ghost garden path. Ok, I'll give you guys that one! PS. I blubbed again. (My excuse is I haven't had a proper night's sleep for over 4 years, but I could always be a bit emotionally incontinent.) I wasn't quite so moved by Dany being poked by Drogon; felt a bit too easy. But then none of the Dany poking has felt very authentic. I did get moist over Cersei and Jaime though; what a journey they had.
Oscar for most patient hanging around at Castle Black for no reason other than to make me weep over a wolf: Tormund.
Oscar for best not kicking off despite what you might reasonably expect: Shared between the Dothraki and Grey Worm. They can fight for who keeps it.

Right, I'm off to start a Gofundme for the people of Naath. If you think that ends well, you haven't been watching properly.

Associate
Again, I just want to find out if that's how Martin intended to finish the books.

Having slept on it though, the ending is a little LOTR too happy for me. Expected a bittersweet one with a twist at least if not a bad one, but it's gone from nothing is black and white to ending the show in black and white.

For Arya maybe, but I don't recall Frodo stabbing Aragorn in the heart after he was crowned king.
Seems the show is also, in part, a victim of it's own making. Shocking twists that totally break the rules have now become common since it's started to the point where if something upside down unexpected (but not unrealistic) does not happen it's a let down for some. Similar to folk wondering how all the main cast are going to die. Really? They all have to die for it to be a good story now?

Caporegime
How did Tyrion manage to find Cersei and Jaime straight away buried under rubble? How did Danny even know that he helped Jaime escape? How did Bronn out of all people become master of the coin for all 6 kingdoms?

Tyrion knew the route and it wasn’t wholly stupid of him to see what happened, what was and still is dumb is Jaime’s poorly constructed end bringing that familial scene down a few pegs. So overall I think it was alright.

Danny knowing is hardly surprising he was the last to speak with the man with several witnesses. Non issue compared to other larger scenes and arc pivots, could maybe have done with a bit of flare though.

Bronn being master of coin is a bit strange, but he probably covers the vast majority of the kingdoms food supply at this point, this makes sense.

Associate

Plan was for Jaime to take the route under the throneroom so would make sense for him to go looking there first. Made for a touching scene so have to allow some small contrivances for the sake of the story.
How would she know? Well, the unsullied he told to go away shortly before Jaime disappeared would have figured it out.
Bronn being the master of coin was purely to give the character, who's way more involved than in the books, some sort of ending. I enjoy him and Tyrion so I liked it. Would have made more sense to make him the leader of the armies but meh.

Soldato
Dany: "Tyrion, don't you dare betray me again."

Tyrion: [screw it, I'm going to free my brother anyway] "Hello there good guardsmen! I'm the Hand of the Queen. Take the evening off, I want to speak to the prisoner."

After the battle:

Dany: "I know you freed your brother."

@neoboy: "OMG! This is such poor writing. How could Dany have possibly known!"

:D

Soldato
I just finished watching it. Thought it was pretty good actually. I got quite emotional but nowhere near like the end of Lost (which I loved and won't hear a bad word said about it!).

But dat jump to 3 weeks later tho? Wtf? :confused:

(I also didn't like how Jon killed Dany. I could imagine it happening it that way but the scene itself wasn't actually that well done. Dany didn't seem shocked at all? :confused: )

Commissario
Wasn't too bad an ending, they had a lot to wrap up.

I did enjoy the conversations going on between Tyrion, Davos, Bronn, Brien and Sam at the table!

Soldato
Plan was for Jaime to take the route under the throneroom so would make sense for him to go looking there first. Made for a touching scene so have to allow some small contrivances for the sake of the story.
How would she know? Well, the unsullied he told to go away shortly before Jaime disappeared would have figured it out.
Bronn being the master of coin was purely to give the character, who's way more involved than in the books, some sort of ending. I enjoy him and Tyrion so I liked it. Would have made more sense to make him the leader of the armies but meh.

Yeah made for a touching scene and this is where you gloss over the details as it's all just so convenient, problem is that concept of time and timing was just thrown off this season, things just happen. She got on the steps, gave a speech and seems to know everything, unless maybe it was the Jaime thing that pushed her over the edge as she found out before the battle :D

Frankly I love the Bronn character and was hoping he get his castle for a few seasons, once he started talking about using the coin to rebuild all the ***** house I did crack up! That line alone was probably a good reason why he shouldn't be a master of coin though :p

EDIT:
Dany: "Tyrion, don't you dare betray me again."

Tyrion: [screw it, I'm going to free my brother anyway] "Hello there good guardsmen! I'm the Hand of the Queen. Take the evening off, I want to speak to the prisoner."

After the battle:

Dany: "I know you freed your brother."

@neoboy: "OMG! This is such poor writing. How could Dany have possibly known!"

:D

Actually I describe it as convenient writing ;)

Back
Top Bottom