Alabama outlaws abortion . . .

Caporegime
Not sure how you came to that conclusion from what you quoted, could you highlight those words for me? Unless the ignorance level was in reference to your reading comprehension?

Did you forget your own posts in this very thread?

Abortions shouldn't be necessary in a modern society (medical complications aside), birth control is effectively free, all it shows is a lack of responsibility from all parties involved. I think over a million abortions are performed a year in the US? An absolute tiny proportion of those would be from incest/rape. There is definitely a moral arguement to be had against the procedure being used, you are essentially killing a life, unless you're prepared to define what stage in a babys development it isnt a life.

The rape/incest angle is always argued in cases of abortion, it's a fallacy to use this absolute minority of cases and apply it all abortions performed.

There is a case for both sides of this and it's a complicated issue, with how easy this is to avoid via birth control its ultimately a failure on the part of the parents.

Or they/potential father could use actual birth control instead of an abortion as their birth control?

Apparently easier than prevention.

Oh man, if only there was some personally accountable ways to prevent pregnancy.

Abstinence
Condoms
Birth Control Pills
Spermicide
Diaphragms
Birth Control Sponge
IUDs
Vasectomy
Tubes tied
Morning after pill

For all intents and purposes, contraception is 99.99% effective, although I guess abortion is 100% effective if you can't be bothered with any of the others.

This would indicate that you think that some people don't bother with contraception as they have abortions as safety nets, which is insulting, especially to women who have had to make such a difficult decision and life with it for the rest of their lives.

So I guess you are ignorant in two ways now, well done!

Soldato
I'm actually astounded by some of the views in this thread - that is not a criticism of your viewpoints, everybody has a right to their own beliefs, but even as somebody who considers himself right of center, I find the hard stance on abortion taken in Alabamba abhorrent.

Caporegime
I'm actually astounded by some of the views in this thread - that is not a criticism of your viewpoints, everybody has a right to their own beliefs, but even as somebody who considers himself right of center, I find the hard stance on abortion taken in Alabamba abhorrent.

They've gotta' find a way to bash their political opposition on the forums somehow, even if they agree with them.

Divisive politics 101.

Caporegime

Shocking? Yes. Surprising? Not in the slightest from the cesspits of this forum. Without going over the previous pages I'd put money on some controversial views (and they are entitled to them) coupled with some outright lie/info like measures like these help bring down teen pregnancy rates.

If you don't believe in abortion, fair enough but those on here that do and are defencing the Alabama lawmakers need to take a hard look. Do you honestly think these people have done it for the right reasons? Some have admitted directly or indirectly they don't know or agree with it in full. The lack of exception for rape or incest is simply cruel. And I bet you these people also have no issue with the death penalty, so there goes their BS argument and protecting life. Little concern about children getting gunned down, overdosing, drinking clean water, having access to more adoptive parents (gay adoption), seeking asylum, breathing in toxic fumes or bombing foreign children with drones.

And all of the lies including Trump saying they wrap a newborn up in a blanket and then the mother and doctor decide to 'execute' the baby.

Most of the GOP only care about protecting life in the very specific situation of being a fetus which sure is a coincidence when it comes to controlling women and sexual behaviours, which sounds like the government telling people what they should...................my hypocrisy meter is about the explode.

Soldato
I could empathise with the people who are trying to push through this legislation if that's what they truly believe. They're still wrong in enforcing their views on other people but they'd have some sort of justification for that view.

However when you have people who want to ban abortion, you know unless it's convenient for them.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ant...hy-asked-mistress-terminate/story?id=50274843

Soldato
I'm not defending them, I just don't think they should be demonised. I also totally disagree with the women and (lol) men who are turning it into a male vs female thing, and some how the OP even threw in the race card for some reason

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
I'm not defending them, I just don't think they should be demonised. I also totally disagree with the women and (lol) men who are turning it into a male vs female thing, and some how the OP even threw in the race card for some reason
On the evidence available it seems that this legislation is largely a "male vs female thing" with additional conservative fundamentalist religious overtones.

As to your assertion that I "threw in the race card", perhaps you didn't have time to read the linked article? Maybe you should do so before posting further?

Soldato
Stockhausen has been posting since 2006, he's quite keen on throwing in a bit of race-baiting into the mix at the start of threads while also partial to calling other's racist.
I'm pretty sure he meant H0nky or is it thatsthejoke.gif?

I would like to know the actual FACTS on the ground, which it seems many in this thread do not know. For example, when is the latest point that a fetus can be murdered terminated by say pills or drugs only at home? At what exact point does the procedure need to become medical in nature and involve hospitals and dragging out an almost developed baby out of a womb before incinerating it?

Most emergency contraceptives (the morning after pill / Plan B / etc.) will work up to five days after conception, although the effectiveness reduces the closer you get to the end of those five days. Bearing in mind that many women won't even know that they're pregnant five days after intercourse, this isn't the most reliable form of termination.

This short time limit is probably due to the fact that four to six days after conception is usually when the fertilised egg attaches itself to the lining of the uterus — I assume it's less feasible to undo this process via chemical or hormonal pills/drugs.

Last edited:
Soldato
It is depressing but the same old same old. The foaming at the mouth left are unable to comprehend an opinion different to theirs, and as usual start throwing around the old "its racist", "white males".

You may or may not be aware, there is a term used in America for their lawmakers "Pale, Male, Stale" look it up and it may help you focus on the bigger picture.

As many have said already in this thread and even cited current statistics from the Netherlands and Sweden there are better ways of managing the situation rather than legislation. Women should have a choice it's their body after all

Soldato
Pale, male and stale? This is disgusting.

1) Racist with reference to skin colour, 2) Gender, why does that matter? 3) ageist, why would you discriminate on that?

Why is it acceptable for people to use such racially charged and ageist language? If anyone actually thinks that is "OK" they are part of the very 'racism' problem they perceive to exist.

Edit:- same old because its the same stuff coming from the left everywhere, the media, online forums, society, it is frightening how easily peoples small minds are brainwashed.

This forum seems to be heavily left biased, just like the media is these days. Dont get me wrong it is still a nice intellectual debate, but even having the "wrong" opinion is enough to bring people to the brink of a foaming breakdown, its a curious situation we are all in these days.

It's hilarious to see people use terms like "foaming at the mouth left" and then post in this way.

Soldato
People, especially those on the left, need to stop being so self righteous. I disagree with outlawing abortion, but the people who want to do that aren't doing it from an evil stand point, they simply think all life is precious. I agree with a woman's choice to abort a pregnancy, up to a point (12 weeks, 16~ with medical reason or something). I think late term abortions are abhorrent and should be completely illegal, in cases where the fetus is healthy and able to survive with medical care outside the womb I would say that the crime for killing it should be fairly substantial.

12 weeks seems quite short to me, especially if you are using the metric of the fetus' ability to survive outside of the womb, even with the most up to date medical intervention, which is very low before 24 weeks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetal_viability

And also, I saw something recently that was talking about premature births, and even though all everyone talks about is the 'miracle' of modern medicine in keeping them alive it does to be another of those cases where quality of life isn't taken into account and even though premature babies are surviving, they are prone to a lot of long term health issues.

You have to be slightly careful when looking at rates of premature births as before 37 weeks is classified as premature and at that stage it's unlikely the baby will have developmental problems with medical intervention, I'm talking about the extreme end of around the 24-26 week mark

Soldato

1) Racist with reference to skin colour, 2) Gender, why does that matter? 3) ageist, why would you discriminate on that?

Why is it acceptable for people to use such racially charged and ageist language? If anyone actually thinks that is "OK" they are part of the very 'racism' problem they perceive to exist.

Edit:- same old because its the same stuff coming from the left everywhere, the media, online forums, society, it is frightening how easily peoples small minds are brainwashed.

This forum seems to be heavily left biased, just like the media is these days. Dont get me wrong it is still a nice intellectual debate, but even having the "wrong" opinion is enough to bring people to the brink of a foaming breakdown, its a curious situation we are all in these days.

H0nkyHonk

I'm happy to debate but if you can't understand the terminology used and why American Lawmakers are called "Pale, Male, Stale" then it's a lost cause. In a nutshell, a majority of lawmakers on both sides of the House fit this description although the Democratic's and Independents tend to be less regressive in their thinking.

Soldato

H0nkyHonk
This forum is right of centre i would say.

I have seen some true left wing extremist cesspits on the internet (resetera for example)

Back
Top Bottom