• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Permabanned
While your laptop may be quiet for your use not everyones else's is. You cant rma a laptop because it makes more noise than another one.

Ah, it's obviously faulty if its engineers hadn't thought about the option to control the fans spinning by temperature, rather than always on or load control.

Man of Honour
Ah, it's obviously faulty if its engineers hadn't thought about the option to control the fans spinning by temperature, rather than always on or load control.

It isn't a fault - chipset fans are rarely if ever temperature controlled. Some laptops by design have different approaches or needs when it comes to cooling.

Permabanned
It isn't a fault - chipset fans are rarely if ever temperature controlled. Some laptops by design have different approaches or needs when it comes to cooling.

For me, it's about poor design decisions and even poorer assembly. But of course, it's your choice to complain.

Permabanned
Comparing IPC on an epyc chip for Ryzen desktop may well be a mistake. 4 days till AMD event now?

It's a new Threadripper if you wish versus the old Threadripper 2990WX.
But the range of the results is so wide, that it's impossible to get consistent IPC evaluation.

I don't know about any AMD event in 4 (or now in 3) days. What do you expect to happen then?

Soldato
Decisions! Decisions! Mind you I only game at 1080p with a Vega 56, so I doube the 2600 would ever let me down, not for a good while.
I game at 1440p with a 1080, my 2700K is doing just fine to be honest.
Adding to this I recently upgraded my HTPC with the addition of a 2500K (at stock speeds) and an RX480.
TV is 1080p, I have played a handful of games on that and they all ran fine.

Given the above and the fact that I have waited this long, a few more months won't hurt.
I'll hold out for the higher core count simply because it seems that is the way that CPUs are going now, and the advances in IPC and clock speed are grinding to a halt, if it stays this way Ryzen 3xxx series should hopefully last as long as Sandybridge has for me.

Permabanned
What is this information based on, or is this tongue in cheek?

I think it's a fair expectation, to be honest. It's a process that is currently in ramp up, the first smartphones on the 7nm process have just arrived, so it's in general very optimistic to expect TSMC will deliver the needed capacity.
Q3 is long - from July 1st till September 30th.

Soldato
Huh.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-pcie-4.0-motherboard,38401.html

We spoke with AMD representatives, who confirmed that 300- and 400-series AM4 motherboards can support PCIe 4.0. AMD will not lock the out feature, instead it will be up to motherboard vendors to validate and qualify the faster standard on its motherboards on a case-by-case basis. Motherboard vendors that do support the feature will enable it through BIOS updates, but those updates will come at the discretion of the vendor. As mentioned below, support could be limited to slots based upon board, switch, and mux layouts.

Back
Top Bottom