Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I just finished watching it. Thought it was pretty good actually. I got quite emotional but nowhere near like the end of Lost (which I loved and won't hear a bad word said about it!).

But dat jump to 3 weeks later tho? Wtf? :confused:

(I also didn't like how Jon killed Dany. I could imagine it happening it that way but the scene itself wasn't actually that well done. Dany didn't seem shocked at all? :confused: )

She never even made a sound.

Pretty sure if someone went stabby stabby on me I'd be howling like a...well, like a stuck pig'

Soldato
She never even made a sound.

Pretty sure if someone went stabby stabby on me I'd be howling like a...well, like a stuck pig'

There was a sound however of the blade being used...but having seen stabbings in many dramas before not many actually make a sound past a gasp.

I was just unsure based on the reactions who had actually stabbed who until it became more obvious.

Caporegime
You realise Westeros has... no real armies left. The armies have all been in war, most of the men are dead.

What wars has Dorne been involved in? They're pretty much full strength. The Baratheon, Tyrell, and Tully Bannermen were depleted but not involved in the battle with the dead. There's plenty people other than the North.

Meanwhile, do you imagine Greyworm could keep the Dothraki together? No, they'll dissolve into a dozen Khalasars now Dany is gone. The Unsullied have a ruined city in a foreign land, no friends, no supply of food, and no ships. Their control is a mirage.

Associate
Jon couldn't be King after killing Dany, not without civil war. Iron Islands and Dorne were all for her as well as the Unsullied/Dothraki. Stormlands, North, Vale and probably highgarden (Bronn) and lannisport (Tyrion) would have supported Jon.
That reason alone he wouldn't take it, not that he wanted it in the first place. Better to find someone else.

Edit:
Someone who literally did nothing to Dany too. Thanks Bran for being so useless you actually became useful ;)

Soldato
What a tepid ending, real shame but so, so glad it's finished and I can forget it. Won't ever be re-watched but ho hum.

I mean why send Jon to the Nightwatch. You need to guard against the walkers... Oh no they're gone.... The night ki... Nope dead. The wildlings... Oh no wait we are friends with them... Well Jon you, you just guard against you know... Things or something like that, we don't really know or care at least you are out the way so we can wrap this **** up. :rolleyes:

Only good part of the episode was listening to Bronn talk garbage in the small council near the end, liked his character throughout the series and was probably the only consistent and good arc throughout.

Oh well, **** you D and D for ruining the show, please finish the books GRRM.

Spent the last ten minutes spinning up a blinking Arya spin off, ultimate hard core character who never uses her shape change powers to kill anyone :p

Soldato
Bran was a brilliant character in the first couple of season right until the books ended. Then he started taking thoses power naps. Wakes up and he's now the king....

There's very little chance in the books getting finished. He's 70 odd and to busy loving life his fame has found him.

Soldato
Bran was a brilliant character in the first couple of season right until the books ended. Then he started taking thoses power naps. Wakes up and he's now the king....

There's very little chance in the books getting finished. He's 70 odd and to busy loving life his fame has found him.

I agree, sadly, the show was so good up until the two series I was happy for the show to the ending but now the show has metaphorically **** the bed I want the real ending again :p

But yeah he won't finish it, he seemingly has no desire as he is raking in cash elsewhere.

Soldato
Well looks like we're not the only ones disappointed, 4.9 rating after 61k votes on IMDB heh.

It was just... tepid, it wasn't bad, it wasn't good it was just a huge pile of "meh"

By halfway through I was doing some work emails preparing for tomorrow and my wife was doing some marking for her job and just occasionally glancing at the screen. It exists as an episode but that's about it :p

I think he will get the next book done at least. He posted this yesterday:

http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/

He's been writing for about 9 years now, he won't finish it.

Soldato
It was just... tepid, it wasn't bad, it wasn't good it was just a huge pile of "meh"

By halfway through I was doing some work emails preparing for tomorrow and my wife was doing some marking for her job and just occasionally glancing at the screen. It exists as an episode but that's about it :p

Yeah I can't say I got even remotely emotional at anything, I just had a good laugh at the Bran cringeworthy scene and Bronn talking about allocating coin to rebuild ***** houses :D

If we find out that this wasn't how books were suppose to be to be finished then I'll definitely consider the episode bad. As it stands I'm just putting it down as a badly executed episode that didn't stand a chance within the badly executed season.

Associate
I mean why send Jon to the Nightwatch. You need to guard against the walkers... Oh no they're gone.... The night ki... Nope dead. The wildlings... Oh no wait we are friends with them... Well Jon you, you just guard against you know... Things or something like that, we don't really know or care at least you are out the way so we can wrap this **** up. :rolleyes:

When the show started the NK was just a fable, yet they still existed. Just a useful place to disappear the unwanted ******** and thieves while keeping an eye on those roaming wildlings. They're friends with Jon but no doubt they'll be back causing mischief after a couple generations.

Soldato
ah well it was adequate not amazing but eh

bad things
danerys death scene was a bit rubbish - stab dead oh well
100000000000 unsullied and horse dudes appear from where exactly
very straightforward resolutions to everything all the time, not much drama or jeopardy or surprise or cleverness just "oh ok, oh ok, oh ok"

good things
small council scene
brienne and pod gold cloaks +brienne updating jamie wikipedia page
everyone loling at "let everyone choose" lololol
Bran warging into drogon possibly going to happen soon :D

Caporegime
The only thing that can save this is a prequel where Jon gets fed up of living in little shacks in the North, finally grows some balls, finds Drogon and embraces his Targaryen roots. Alas, it will never happen. :(

Soldato
So the north declares independence, why wouldn't the seven or eight (count 'em) kingdoms do the same?

Wot's Branflake gonna do about it?

He's got no armies, no followers, all he could do is crap on them from a height in one of his warged ravens.

Back
Top Bottom