John Wick- Chapter 3 - Parabellum (2019)

Man of Honour
What a film, absolutely incredible, easily one of the best action films I've ever seen. I've never heard an entire cinema go "ooooooohhh" at the same time for some of the more brutal kills. I'd happily go and watch it again tomorrow, not a problem. 10/10 for me.

Associate
What a film, absolutely incredible, easily one of the best action films I've ever seen. I've never heard an entire cinema go "ooooooohhh" at the same time for some of the more brutal kills. I'd happily go and watch it again tomorrow, not a problem. 10/10 for me.

Me and the mrs are going again tomorrow :D it was incredible.

Love that they have opened it up for number 4, Parabellum means "If you want peace, prepare for war" I think that number 3 was the preparing part, the ending scenes shows us that the war is coming in the next installment.

Commissario
I'm really looking forward to watching this, unfortunately the first chance we've got is Tuesday (the earliest my brother in law and both nephews are free), and the local odeon doesn't have it on it's imax screen (still taken up by Avengers).

Apparently my younger nephew is a disgrace to the family and hasn't watched the previous two films, so we've arranged to tie him to a chair and duct tape his eyes open so he'll watch them this weekend:p

Soldato
Just got back from watching this and loved it, I wasn't a massive fan of 2, this was a big return to form.

As others have said, that knife throwing scene in the corridor was incredible, as was the gun fight involving Halle Berry and the dogs. Some of the camerawork and cinematography was outstanding.

Associate
Just got back from watching this and loved it, I wasn't a massive fan of 2, this was a big return to form.

As others have said, that knife throwing scene in the corridor was incredible, as was the gun fight involving Halle Berry and the dogs. Some of the camerawork and cinematography was outstanding.

When the dog jumped on her back, I loved that part, we was like :eek:

Last edited:

img

img

Associate
was brilliant. if you need the toilet you only have 2 minutes in whole film where he is in desert though to not miss action so run quick

Associate
Loved the first one, was disappointed by the second one because of how robotic it felt, but this was definitely a return to form. The thing I love about this is everything feels distinctive.

The enemy "teams" (ninjas, armoured up SWAT guys) felt a lot more unique, there was definitely more emphasis on hand-to-hand combat which I will always love compared to bang bang kill kill, and many of the action scenes were definitely memorable and had their own "shtick" in a good way

I don't know how much Keanu did of his own stunts in this, but God, if he was doing mostly everything in that one fight near the end where it's 2v1, then screw Tom Cruise, Keanu is definitely the king of action.

Also I don't understand why people are saying "the plot, there's no plot". It's a John Wick movie. When has this series EVER been about a sweeping story? It'd be like complaining about a Godzilla movie if the movie was 80% Godzilla fighting another monster. What else are you expecting when you go into a movie like this if not 80% action scenes :confused:

Associate
It was a great movie with some of the best action scenes ever.

I am however getting a little fatigued by how much he takes (damage wise) and keeps on going. The desert scene also felt totally wrong for some reason.

Soldato
Ridiculously good but running at over 2hrs, a bit of battle fatigue did set in. Should have chopped 20mins out somewhere.

Halle Berry was surprisingly good, but I'm not sure she topped Charlize Theron in Atomic Blonde :p

Soldato
Big Marvel fan and really enjoyed Endgame, but this was better in my opinion.

Absolutely fantastic movie, loved the whole ambience of the world building too. But the fighting is stupendous - I grew up watching Bruce Lee, and 80's martial arts films such as Seagal, Van Damme, Schwarzenegger, and Stallone, and this makes all of that look like a complete joke.

Caporegime

I am however getting a little fatigued by how much he takes (damage wise) and keeps on going. The desert scene also felt totally wrong for some reason.

There were a couple of scenes in the end with weapons where I thought the ninjas and zero definitely had an opening to stab him. That was the only time where it took me out of the moment. I could believe in all the bad shots in the bad guys but half a second delay in a stab i was like "he would've been dead there!"

Still, TINY picky point in an otherwise brilliant movie.

Caporegime
Off to see this tonight with the missus, I know I’ll enjoy it but the missus isn’t a fan of ultra violent movies as it is.

But she wants to take me so who am I to say no lol.

Watched the first 2 last night so fully prepared to watch this tonight v

Associate

Yeah I get what you mean, especially wearing that suit as well!

Back
Top Bottom