Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Permabanned
When they announced that S7 & 8 would be shorter, I tempered my expectations, just to be safe (not that I equate length to quality). When I saw the decline of quality in S7, I prepared myself for S8 to decline further. As I watched S8, I was prepared for the final episode to be awful. From that mindset, I wasn't too disappointed. Still, I can remember how I felt during the best moments of earlier seasons and part of me was hoping the show would go out on such a note. Oh, well...

Soldato
I was just unsure based on the reactions who had actually stabbed who until it became more obvious.
I think that was intentional because there was every chance she might kill Jon. But once we knew Jon had stabbed her I wanted to see a bit more shock and emotion. It just wasn't done all that well.

I mean why send Jon to the Nightwatch. You need to guard against the walkers... Oh no they're gone.... The night ki... Nope dead. The wildlings... Oh no wait we are friends with them... Well Jon you, you just guard against you know... Things or something like that, we don't really know or care at least you are out the way so we can wrap this **** up. :rolleyes:
Perhaps that's the point and we should all feel somewhat happy for Jon. They "banished" him yet he's actually happy to go live north of the wall and have a good time. Maybe?

Caporegime
Meh ending to a meh season of GOT. Happy that Jon skewered Dany, I always said from the start that she’s going to turn into an evil one, much more than Cersei.

Was kinda hoping that Sansa would have been killed off too, such an annoying character. Same with Greyworm, his face when Bran let him go was priceless.

And bran being made king?? The **** was that all about?? Geezus what a crap ending to a extremely crap season.

Soldato
So the north declares independence, why wouldn't the seven or eight (count 'em) kingdoms do the same?

Wot's Branflake gonna do about it?

He's got no armies, no followers, all he could do is crap on them from a height in one of his warged ravens.

Except so far none of the others want to form Kingdoms. An maybe by the time they do the King will be in a more powerful position Also if he is successful and brings prosperity they won't want to.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Watched it this morning, was duly disappointed by the not unexpected way it went.

Thought I could, watch it and move on but its just been grinding at me all day.

Just frikkin jesus ****. I just cant get over how such a quality show went down the ******* so ******* badly. And this ******* final episode was just a rusted bent nail into the shows coffin to finish it off.

I signed that petition as a joke, and I know it wont ever happen but please god when JRRM finishes the books please let someone remake it correctly.

Hell I would take "extended" episodes of the current **** show where the huge chunks of time warp get filled in.

Soldato
I think that was intentional because there was every chance she might kill Jon. But once we knew Jon had stabbed her I wanted to see a bit more shock and emotion. It just wasn't done all that well.

Perhaps that's the point and we should all feel somewhat happy for Jon. They "banished" him yet he's actually happy to go live north of the wall and have a good time. Maybe?

But there's no logical reason and if the reason is to give fans a warm fuzzy feeling then that's even more blurgh than there being no reason at all.

I'm nit picking with the next one but the last scene with Bran. After all the "you are the best of us" rubbish he rocks up to a council meeting late, doesn't listen and does one straight away to go play Worg. Not really the sign of a good king if he isn't going to bother ruling and just play at being a beastie boy all the time instead. :p

Anyway it's done, glad it's finished, consigned to the past and I'll go catch up with Vikings instead.

Associate
Ha, it's little wonder GRRM is in no hurry to finish the books. Who can be ***** with all this hassle! He got enough with the last two books (somewhat unfairly).

Soldato
So the north declares independence, why wouldn't the seven or eight (count 'em) kingdoms do the same?

Imagine how poor Yara and the Dorne dude felt pledging their allegiance to Bran without knowing that independence was an option

The bigger question is though, who's army does Bran have to keep his Kingdom

Lannister army was melted
Most of Kings Landing was melted
There's likely not much left of the Iron fleet after Dany melted them too and Yara's followers were not many after Euron captured her
With the North independent that means, the Northmen and their kin won't be Brans army so just who does he have ?
The only possible army is that of High Garden, but did they have an army left after the Lannisters took all the gold ? Not to mention Bronn now has High Garden so what stops him from using the only army in the 6 kingdoms to become King ?

Also poor Daario

cq5dam.web.1200.675.jpeg

Still wondering how his lost loves war goes while he tries to keep control of Mereen ?

Caporegime
Giving Bronn Highgarden and putting him in such a powerful position despite earlier threatening Tyrion with a crossbow. Yeah that makes a lot of sense. I would have had him executed. He clearly holds no loyalty to anyone but himself.

We went from Tywin, Varys and Littlefinger, to Bronn, Brienne and Sam. Just lol

Soldato

I've just watched it back, there's audible gasp/shortness of breath you can hear. I thought it was actually done well if I'm being honest.

What I will say is the shots they had with Drogon in the episode were absolutely brilliant, form the spreading of the wings behind Dany, being covered in snow to the death scene, they looked amazing.

Soldato
The Season 8 soundtrack is on Spotify etc now as well...having seen Ramin Djawadi perform live I may well be tempted to see the score for Season 8 performed live when he inevitably tours a further updated version of his show. The score is definitely something that's always hit the mark, it's a terrific listen.

Soldato
Jon couldn't be King after killing Dany, not without civil war. Iron Islands and Dorne were all for her as well as the Unsullied/Dothraki. Stormlands, North, Vale and probably highgarden (Bronn) and lannisport (Tyrion) would have supported Jon.
That reason alone he wouldn't take it, not that he wanted it in the first place. Better to find someone else.

Edit:
Someone who literally did nothing to Dany too. Thanks Bran for being so useless you actually became useful ;)

Huh? Not without civil war? Civil war where, exactly? She fried loads of innocent people in King's Landing! Do you honestly think that the people in the city would have an issue making the person that killed her King? No, I think they'd welcome him with open arms given his history, and the fact that he killed another tyrant. I'm fairly sure that the rest of the populace around the land would be ok with that as well after hearing that people in the city were turned into crispy-fried human.

Associate
Smartest dragon ever, managed to analyse a death and come to the conclusion that the fight for the throne was the issue and decided to destroy it. Love how all the Dothraki and Unsullied were all resurrected after the Nightking fight.

Man of Honour
Giving Bronn Highgarden and putting him in such a powerful position despite earlier threatening Tyrion with a crossbow. Yeah that makes a lot of sense. I would have had him executed. He clearly holds no loyalty to anyone but himself.

We went from Tywin, Varys and Littlefinger, to Bronn, Brienne and Sam. Just lol

Guy has switched sides so many times lmao, so weird to make him a lord and give him the best castle, since KL and WF are in kinda ruins.

Associate
Lets disarm Jon when he goes to visit Tyrion..a traitor...but lets have no one disarm him when he visits the QUEEN. Also LOL at the dragon melting the throne like he understands the significance of it. Also...why did Tyrion (prisoner) nominate a new king? AWFUL.

Back
Top Bottom