Mindless youth of today

Soldato
What a senseless waste all round.

Feel sorry for the guys that put so much dedication and effort in to these. It isn’t so much the objects themselves sometimes, but they have a much deeper meaning. Especially when you have spent years so invested in to them. What a shame.

Associate
It's because there's no punishment, or very lenient at least. These people know what they're doing and should be punished like adults.

Soldato
Mindless youth of today
There is absolutely no consequence in society anymore, it is basically a free for all.
When the ability to sanction at an early age was removed.
No respect in this country any more.
it’s just a basic lack of decency and respect that’s all too common in today’s society.
Unfortunately seems to far too common these days to have no respect for other people's property, etc.

Not a modern problem at all - does nobody remember the worst act of vandalism in British history?!!

Man of Honour
Not a modern problem at all - does nobody remember the worst act of vandalism in British history?!!

The difference for me is the frequency - I've seen all sorts over the years but people were much more surprised by it when it happened when I was young these days almost resigned to it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have to say as the type of scum bag that used to do these types of things for fun your reactions made me laugh.

As a fully grown adult with ethics and empathy my first thought still was, why didnt they have some one staying there to watch their stuff?

Caporegime
I have to say as the type of scum bag that used to do these types of things for fun your reactions made me laugh.

As a fully grown adult with ethics and empathy my first thought still was, why didnt they have some one staying there to watch their stuff?

Do you think being beaten off by the headmaster would have fixed you?

Soldato
I have been an advocate of national service for a while.

Certainly when I have kids, they will be raised military style. Any steps out of line, and they will be severely reprimanded and/or smacked depending on whether it was warranted or not.

I do believe children should be raised in fear, I was legitimately frightened of my step-father growing up, and it instilled a healthy respect when I did wrong.
Haha you guys have no idea. You will just bring up broken adults. The type of kid that defecates on stuff. I hope that was a joke.

Some one mentioned austerity before. Whats worse austerity or some broken trains?

Associate
The difference today is there are no consequences for the perpetrators, they have no reason to be scared of the police or any other authority figures. Somebody mentioned the cane/ruler being brought back, the sooner the better.

Man of Honour
I was beaten at school and I was a little ****. Certainly did nothing to form the person I became. I'm glad my children are growing up in a world where adults can't smack them for random stuff (I was beaten variously for not having a comb, not having a handkerchief, doing extra homework etc.)

People have always bemoaned this stuff. Every generation do it. Some kids behaved disgracefully just as some kids have in every generation.

Soldato
The difference for me is the frequency - I've seen all sorts of the years but people were much more surprised by it when it happened when I was young these days almost resigned to it.

Same and it's spreading everywhere, several parks near us have recently been damaged by ***** setting fire to play equipment, one has only just been refurbished to the tune of £100k and it's already suffered £40k of damage. We live in a good area as well, seems scum are prepared to travel to perform scummery.

Soldato
Something that is happening is that youth services have been cut drastically under Tory/coalition governments. Quite possibly, the rise in such things this thread is reporting has its roots there. Certainly, the belief is that knife crime has austerity as its cruel stepfather.

Man of Honour
Something that is happening is that youth services have been cut drastically under Tory/coalition governments. Quite possibly, the rise in such things this thread is reporting has its roots there. Certainly, the belief is that knife crime has austerity as its cruel stepfather.

Probably a part of it but it goes deeper than that - maybe I'm just getting older but I notice an increased callousness seems more and more prevalent in the younger generations I feel like more and more than ever before there are an increasing number of people only constrained by the rules of society and the impression they want people to see of them.

Soldato
I notice an increased callousness seems more and more prevalent in the younger generations
I can't relate to that at all when I read, hear watch, or remember accounts of life back in the 80s and earlier (I was born '82). Callousness was extreme, from the attitude that AIDS victims deserved it, to the cold acceptance of workplace accidents, to Formula 1's huge death toll.... People didn't give any sort of a **** about others. Awful.

Back
Top Bottom