Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Giving Bronn Highgarden and putting him in such a powerful position despite earlier threatening Tyrion with a crossbow. Yeah that makes a lot of sense. I would have had him executed. He clearly holds no loyalty to anyone but himself.

Yeah, that part kind of just got glossed over. I thought at first Bronn was messing about when he threatened them, but how it played out, it seemed he was serious which kind of ruins his character and his charm.

Soldato
Huh? Not without civil war? Civil war where, exactly? She fried loads of innocent people in King's Landing! Do you honestly think that the people in the city would have an issue making the person that killed her King? No, I think they'd welcome him with open arms given his history, and the fact that he killed another tyrant. I'm fairly sure that the rest of the populace around the land would be ok with that as well after hearing that people in the city were turned into crispy-fried human.
Literally the only people who should care are the unsullied and they ****** off to Naath to die to the flesh eating butterflies. Maybe the Iron Islands but I don't even think they could justify what she did and should have bugger all army considering Euron took most of them when he took over and killed the rest when he ambushed their fleet. Dorne definitely shouldn't object considering she did to KL what her ancestors tried to do to Dorne.

Caporegime
as someone said on reddit.

bran knew exactly what was going to happen.
says nothing.
lets tons of people die so he can be king.

writing makes so much sense :rolleyes:

or does he only get selected views from the future when it makes sense for the writers.

and ofcourse unsullied and dorthraki don't go crazy and kill everything when their queen is dead cos lol writers?

would have been a better s8 if the night king survived, took over kings landing and everyone fleed across the sea or just died

Soldato
You realise Westeros has... no real armies left. The armies have all been in war, most of the men are dead. THere wasn't an army left in the seven kingdoms who could actually stand up to them and the Dothraki, also the latter could have simply ridden out and gone raiding. No army would be mobile enough to run them down. The Lannisters were the rulers of the 7 kingdoms(or 6), yet there were basically every army so weakened that they had to hire the Golden company to even have any kind of chance and they were taken out as well.

Every major fleet was destroyed, the only ones left a few from Iron Islands and the unsullied still had a bunch of ships.

The unsullied/dothraki's were the major force left. The Lannister army (the biggest one) was literally destroyed, both at Kings Landing, at the castle where unsullied were somewhat ambushed but they still killed loads of Lannisters. The golden company is gone, the early war with Robb took out huge numbers from the north vs almost anyone supporting the Lannisters.

The Unsullied and Dothraki could have simply said we are the power, accept that, start rebuilding Kings Landing, bring provisions or we'll march on one of your kingdoms and take what we need.

The remaining military strength of Westeros is a complete unknown.

Cersei never ruled the Seven Kingdoms (or even six). She sat on the Iron Throne and ruled the Crownlands and The Rock. She gained some support from the Iron Islands through Euron Greyjoy, and some support from The Reach through Randall Tarly. But she never truly commanded either region.

At a minimum, Dorne's army is still in play, as are the armies of the remaining Reach Lords (e.g. Lord Hightower). House Manderly and some other Northern Lords still have some strength, as it's mentioned in (I think) S08E01 that they refused to send any more troops to Winterfell after the BOTB and the fall of The Wall. There's also a lot of Lords who are completely unaccounted for in the show, who may still be in play based on book trajectory (House Tarth, for example). Basically, a large chunk of Renly's army appears to have returned home and stayed there, following the death of their King. And many houses will have kept men back to defend their castles and cities. Episode 8 even introduces three significant Lords who we've never seen, suggesting that there are indeed some powerful players who remained on the sidelines.

On the other hand, the Dothraki are able to self-replicate, having been utterly destroyed in Episode 1 only for a few to reappear in Episode 5, and then hundreds in Episode 6. So I guess they would win. If there was an Episode 7, there would be thousands by then?

At the end of the day though, it doesn't really matter who would "win". Loads would die, on both sides. And for what? They were following Dany's dream. And that is dead now. They could kill loads of Westerosi. But they would never be able to rule there. The Unsullied have one huge disadvantage; they can't breed. Their numbers would fall every year, while the numbers of their enemies would grow.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Just watched the finale.

This entire season has been one of the most disappointing things I've ever seen. Among the pretty good special effects, we're left with a massively rushed, half finished story.

Would have been better if they didn't make this final season at all.

Awful.

Associate
Again, I just want to find out if that's how Martin intended to finish the books..

I legit believe it is, and that's why the show snapped back so hard it has whiplash.

His arc and the TV arc diverged so far that suddenly trying to get characters into the position GRRM envisioned they'd be in by the end could be why everything beyond the 20 minute mark this episode didn't fit characters existing motivations and just went with it because plot said so.

Just a theory. But I liken it to the closing days of Smallville when this alternate take on Superman that had long since made multiple massive changes to the standard take suddenly had a hard and nonsensical snap back into trying to fit the classic version of the mythos where dead characters came back because plot said.

Associate
Lets disarm Jon when he goes to visit Tyrion..a traitor...but lets have no one disarm him when he visits the QUEEN. Also LOL at the dragon melting the throne like he understands the significance of it. Also...why did Tyrion (prisoner) nominate a new king? AWFUL.

The dragon was guarding the way in...

Soldato
Another one lol
D6_MKkdXkAATgaJ.jpg

https://twitter.com/JonxDanyy/status/1130346578143830016

and another :D

D6_uGyYUcAEY_yG.jpg

D6_uGyYUcAEY_yG.jpg]

Last edited:

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Watched a few of the older episodes at the weekend and it did not help this trainwreck one bit. Made it so clear in contrast that it was absent any kind of pacing and witticism that people fell in love with the series for.

I hope sackfuls of steamers are being delivered through the writer's and director's letterboxes today.

Associate
"You are my queen, now and always" stab. This scene would have been cringey on a Mexican daytime soap.
Put the first 15mins of this episode on the end of last wks episode. End with the Mad Queen's glorious speech of future conquests.

Wvj651N.jpg

Caporegime
Oh well it's over.
I feel sorry for the generation of teen-agers that grew up with this show defining their formative years. Trolololololol.

Next stop the Witcher series..... Helllllll yeaaaaaah

Back
Top Bottom